Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glide out front suspension forks

Glide out front suspension forks

I see tilite are starting to offer these forks,has anyone tried them?

http://www.out-front.com/glide_overview.php

At $425 and $545(single sided) from ti lites order form think i'll pass.

I like them and would consider them on a chair if ordering; I run FrogLegs now.

They look really cool, in theory, given I like the idea of suspension and monoforks, espeically when combined...except their crazy price, and their most likely being incompatible with my Zra 1..... Yeah. But it will be interesting to see what happens between FL and these competing in the market. Competition is decidedly a good thing for innovation, right?

uuggh, i wish i could get the old FrogLegs back on a new TR3 arrrgh. Not interested in trying something new that costs so much =(

It looks interesting, and real purdy too. I like that they have a single sided fork available. We ended up forgoing FrogLegs suspension forks, because no matter how I configured the chair, TiLite said it had a risk of being too tippy. I would be very interested in hearing more about the Glides from anyone who gets them. It looks like they add less height to the chair than the FrogLegs, which is a good thing. I would not want to change front seat height to account for them if possible.

I did notice that on the website it said "Only available on new TiLite chairs", and wonder if anyone knows anything about that.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

From Out-Front:

A retro-fit even on a TiLite chair will often change key aspects of the chair set-up. For instance, if the chair has just TiLite standard forks (not Frog Legs), then because the Glide is taller than standard forks, installing it will change the frame angle and seat angle by essentially tipping the chair a bit backward. And, even if a TiLite chair already has Frog Legs, it is still not a simple swap. Although Frog Legs and the Glide are the same height, the trail angles of the forks are different. So, when the fork rotates, the caster could, for instance, hit the footrest. A different trail angle would also result in a changed wheel base. So, again, the simple swap is not so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    From Out-Front:
    A retro-fit even on a TiLite chair will often change key aspects of the chair set-up...
    I hear what you are saying. Hypothetically, if the adjustments could be worked out, are they being sold by any of the on-line vendors, or only through TiLite?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    I hear what you are saying. Hypothetically, if the adjustments could be worked out, are they being sold by any of the on-line vendors, or only through TiLite?

The Glide forks will never be offered on the aftermarket due to the potential complications of retrofitting them to chairs not originally spec'd for them. Out Front has taken the responsible course as they want to be certain not to compromise the integrity of a chair's setup. To ensure proper fit, then, they will only be available with new chair orders, which is presently limited to TiLite but will eventually be available through other manufacturers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    The Glide forks will never be offered on the aftermarket due to the potential complications of retrofitting them to chairs not originally spec'd for them. Out Front has taken the responsible course as they want to be certain not to compromise the integrity of a chair's setup. To ensure proper fit, then, they will only be available with new chair orders, which is presently limited to TiLite but will eventually be available through other manufacturers as well.
    Keeping in mind that Out Front is owned by TiLite, the number of "other manufacturers" is going to be limited.