Thread: Does some one drive your van for you, under your insurance

Does some one drive your van for you, under your insurance

My van is insured under my name but I don' drive. My girlfriend drives me every where. I'm just wondering how many other people do this. My insurance let's us do this.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

When my mother was alive, the van was insured under her name as the owner, but she did not drive. We covered only one of her attendants under the policy; and she was the only one who was allowed to drive her to doctor's appointments, out to dinner, etc. unless it was me, my sister or bro-in-law, who were given "permission" to drive the van by my mother, and we were also covered under our own car insurance for this.

(KLD)

Similar to you and KLD our van is insured under my name though I am not able to drive.
    All that is necessary here is for me to give 'permission' to somebody else to be able to drive it. All they need is a valid license and car insurance of their own. My wife and, if she isn't able to, two of my aid's are my drivers.
    There's always something magic, there's always something true. And when you really, really need it the most, that's when rock 'n roll dreams come true. Meat Loaf

I added a driver to my policy. It was no problem but did raise the premium. It is a blanket cover for anyone under the policy to drive either of my vehicles. It is worth doing, too cover yourself. Vans are to expensive not to have full coverage.

Thank you. Those are the replies I wanted to hear.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

I drive myself but my policy covers anyone who is a licensed driver.
    ^^(A)^^