Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW ROUND BETTY WHEEL

NEW ROUND BETTY WHEEL

Hey everybody out there -

Round Betty will be releasing a new wheel. It is our new Sport Wheel for Basket Ball Tennis...or whatever Sport you want to use them for. But would also be a excellent everyday wheel too! They utilize Strong 7075-T6 Aluminum Spokes/Nipples. They are a 24-Spoke count. They are a excellent Responsive wheel for Quick starts and stops. We want these to go toe to toe with Spinergy's PBO spoke wheels and wire Spoke wheels. giving a faster wheel overall. They will be available in 24"/25"/26"/700c sizes. The Bearing Spacing width is 2.3" at the faces. They will be available in many Cool Anodized Color's. The weight of a 24" wheel is at 1.6 pnds each. I have attached pictures for a preview of them. Please give input and questions.

Thanks.

These look great, and having a colourful alternative to Spinergies above 25" would be valuable to me. I've been thinking about getting some 26"s to improve my backup chair, and my preference is to buy wheels that can also tolerate the camber of sports chairs just in case I ever need them for that.

If you're going to offer coloured hubs, is there any possibility of offering quick release axles to match? (Not that axle buttons are difficult to paint, but precisely matching paint colours isn't easy.) Would replacement spokes be available (and easy to fit?)? Seems to me that if I'm ever going to bend/break/destroy a spoke, it'll be on a sports (rugby) wheel.

Great looking wheel! Do you know what the price will be?

Quote Originally Posted by QTiPi
    These look great, and having a colourful alternative to Spinergies above 25" would be valuable to me. I've been thinking about getting some 26"s to improve my backup chair, and my preference is to buy wheels that can also tolerate the camber of sports chairs just in case I ever need them for that.

If you're going to offer coloured hubs, is there any possibility of offering quick release axles to match? (Not that axle buttons are difficult to paint, but precisely matching paint colours isn't easy.) Would replacement spokes be available (and easy to fit?)? Seems to me that if I'm ever going to bend/break/destroy a spoke, it'll be on a sports (rugby) wheel.
    We are not currently doing Axles. Replacement Spokes will be available and it will be easy to replace or true Spokes. A conventional Bike Nipple wrench will work. So you are able to take them to a Bike shop if needed. .

Quote Originally Posted by briddellm
    Great looking wheel! Do you know what the price will be?
    Pricing will be on par with Spinergy Spox Wheels.

I'm a bit surprised this was moved, announcing new products is no longer allowed in the equipment section? I've only been on the forum a couple years now but during my time new products from all companies have always been announced in the equipment forum and discussed there.

I agree, the post was an announcement of a new product, not an ad.

Blog Entries
    I agree, maybe the mods are getting bored...

If pricing is on a par with Spox, and if these wheels come in more/different colours than Spox, you will definitely have my attention. Especially if SportAid carries them (I've given up asking what any local New Zealand supplier charges for anything, because it's always more than it should be in comparison with the cost of ordering from SportAid and paying the NZ taxes on arrival).

No response yet about it either... This place is so dead. I was hoping when I came back after not posting for a while things would have improved, but so far I haven't noticed anything different yet in usage of the board... Difference is its even more of a ghost town here than before. I honestly don't understand why they didn't just roll back when they had so many problems. They threw the baby out with the bathwater. Need to get rid of spammers? Run your members out so spammers aren't interested in posting any more... Its really depressing how the equipment section has changed.