Thread: 2014 Toyota Sienna with Braun conversion factory rebate?

2014 Toyota Sienna with Braun conversion factory rebate?

I am ready to purchase a 2014 converted minivan. My conversion dealer is telling me that I am not eligible for the Toyota advertised factory rebate. Does anyone have any information or prior experience in a similar situation. I feel I should be eligible for the same factory rebate any able-bodied consumer is eligible for. I appreciate any feedback.

If I remember correctly, Toyota offers a disability rebate of $1,000.00 that ABs are not eligible for.

They do offer $1000 rebate/reimbursement after the vehicle is modified. But, that is with any disability related modification, even if it's done by Toyota.

Here is information about the Toyota accessible vehicle rebate:

http://www.toyotamobility.com/financial_assistance.html

(KLD)

I appreciate the feedback. I was more concerned with the advertised factory rebate which is separate from the Toyota accessible vehicle rebate.

Quote Originally Posted by tinern
    I appreciate the feedback. I was more concerned with the advertised factory rebate which is separate from the Toyota accessible vehicle rebate.
    If you, as an individual consumer, purchase the van from your local Toyota dealer, you are eligible for whatever incentives/rebates the manufacturer offers at the time. If your conversion dealer is making the purchase of the van, these incentives/rebates will not be applicable as its a B2B purchase as opposed to B2C.

Often, due to the volume of purchases made by conversion dealers, they are able to negotiate a better sale price equal to or greater than the rebated price offered the general public.

If conversion dealer buys for you, tell them you want to see the purchase invoice to make sure they are not over charging or purchasing as an individual for the biz and pocketing the rebate.

Finally, go to your local Toyota dealer and price model/options you want. Then compare that with base price of van (just van. no ramp/lowered floor) your conversion guys quote, Then you can compare apples to apples.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Hi tinern,

I find myself looking at the same van you are looking at and asking the exact same questions. I'm curious how it went for you and if you can offer any additional insight or advice.

Michael