Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testosterone level testing

Testosterone level testing

For men who are taking testosterone injections, how often should you have your levels measured? I recently (2 months ago) went from taking 1/2 ml injection each month to a 2 ml injection because after 7-8 months of treatment, my levels went down. When should I have my levels tested and if they aren't noticeably rising, should I be taking my injections more often (like every two weeks) with a different dosage? I am going to call my doctor on Monday to discuss this and would like to have some extra input. Thanks.

PS When I first began my injections, nearly a year ago, my levels were 254. But after 7-8 months they dropped to 209. I'm not wanting to top out my levels, but I'd like to get them up to a normal range to see if it will help with my mood, energy levels and mental concentration.

I would go to an endocrinologist and usually take my levels every two months. I take 1/2 ml every week. Althou my testosterone levels were all over all over the place so they added androgel

[SIZE=14px]My doctor refused to give me injections or pills. I have been using Androgel 1.62% for the last year and just got my results yesterday. He said my testosterone was 438 and steady which suits me fine.

Good luck and I hope you get your stabilized soon.
    [/SIZE]

I get bloodwork every 6mths. doc looks at my trough. he tests me right around shot time. we keep mine on the top of the range. 1 shot per month really does nothing. you don't want the level up and down you want it even. I inject 1cc 200mg every 2 weeks.

My doctor has my levels tested every six months. Checks prostate once a year. I take 1 ml every ten days. 200mg of Depo shots. I still have low levels even with the shots but feel much better taking them.

why hasn't he upped the dose joe

My doctor will not go above the 200mg level. They feel my age at 51 doesn't need levels above 300. I would like to take more but have been feeling good with the shots. My bench press is still strong and my weight is good. The doctors worry about cancer all the time with these shots. That is what they told me. I would really like to start taking HGH. I can't get a doc to prescribe it.

We generally test levels every 3-6 months, depending on how stable the individual's testosterone is. My guess is that each physician has his own protocols and also takes into account how the person is responding. With a fluctuating or decreasing level, I would think they would want to take the trough (low level) every couple of months until it stabilizes out.
    CKF

Are men with SCI much more prone to low levels of testosterone? I'm 40 years post injury (c6/7) and transfers have become much more difficult in the last few months. I can hardly lift up at all, only easily do level transfers now, toilet transfers in particular are a challenge. Could low testosterone levels contribute to my weakness or is it likely just aging?

It seems like us guys who are always sitting on our jewels are prone to lower testosterone levels or at least it looks that way.
    I just got my level test results back and mine jumped up over 600 this time. It seems like the 2 ml dose per month has done the trick for me.