Thread: Zx-1

Zx-1

So we are looking into comparability with the icon for the zx-1. If it works out this will be a bonus as I will not have to change from my icon to another chair. Althou if it doesn't work out then I will have to concider another chair. If I have to change chairs I would like a mike box chair with suspension. I would like to hear everyone's experiances with the zx-1

The ZX-1 clamps on to the axle tube, doesn't it? In which case it isn't compatible with the Icon unfortunately.

Gordy spinergy is looking into how to make it compatable

randomryan007: I sit in a TiLite, using ZX1 since this Summer every time I go out. It's changed my life...so much easier for me to navigate outdoors. I'm not SCI but polio paralyzed and my shoulders are getting very weak. I can carry many things on my lap, zip up hills, uneven pavement, carry an umbrella, detatch when I'm in class and don't need it, go out in my yard, etc, etc. I'm told the range is about 5 miles but I don't want to test that. I charge it right after any use as I'm told it's the best way to baby the batteries. Don't need it at home but keep it fully charged. My charging times take about an hour or less as I've rarely gone down to halfway battery use. A friend of mine who tools around town a lot, has secured his charger to the top of the back of the ZX1, not interferring with the attachment to chair. Thus he can stop in town if he's getting low, and re-charge it, while at lunch, etc.

We made a part for Spinergy to test - it's basically just a tube that mimics a straight axle, and bolts onto the back of an Icon A1. I'll update everyone when they finish their testing.

And could that tube enable connection to a SmartDrive???

Gordy I believe it could. Hopefuly it will.