Thread: Thanksgiving Leftover recipes

Thanksgiving Leftover recipes

Any good Thanksgiving leftover recipes? Has anyone heard of a hoagie with turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce on it?

I don't bother with recipes. Just warm up the leftover mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, gravy, and stuffing, and have that with either slices of turkey or a turkey sandwich. Yum! I sometimes freeze stuff for a week or two if there is a lot, so I can stretch those leftovers until Christmas.

We start our turkey carcass soup Thanksgiving evening. The next day it gets strained first through a colander then a seive. After that we add in the veggies and barley or small pasta. Then adjust seasonings and it is fantastic for days afterwards. We both like dark meat so the white meat goes into turkey salad or we cut it up for curries. We use our large stock pot a lot every winter.

NL makes Turkey Soup too. Actually, that is my favorite part of Thanksgiving. She just finished making 1-1/2 gallons of soup. Took some to our hostess for Thanksgiving, saved some for us, and froze a healthy portion for our neighbors who have been in Hawaii for two weeks. They missed the Thanksgiving feast.

All the best,
    GJ

Another good turkey left over recipe is Turkey Tetrazzini. Leftover turkey meat with a rich sherry-mushroom cream sauce, peas, pasta, fontina and/or swiss and parmesan cheese.

All the best,
    GJ

That sounds delish gjnl!!