Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High quality protein pwder

High quality protein pwder

I'm very determined to lose about 50 pounds in a responsible manner. I'm working with folks at my out patient PT clinic, so I think I'm getting pretty good advice. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a goo protein powder that I can mix into smoothies, etc.

Thanks

I prefer whey protein with no added flavoring or sweetener, like this: http://www.thenaturalonline.com/blue...FYtAMgodUwQAxw

Thanks - I'm going to run this question by the physical therapist I see on Saturdays - he seems to way be ahead of the other people there (who are also pretty good) when it comes to physical fitness and nutrition.

Bought this for my mother. She liked it, and there is good data on the quality of the protein.

http://www.unjury.com

(KLD)

They're all pretty much the same. Make sure you get one that has a good ratio of grams of protein -> calories. I would aim for above 10g/100calories.

go for the manitoba hemp protein powder, its deliciously nutty

Is there a different protein powder to help with healing up pressure sores? I've been using stuff you get for building muscles that's also low on calories and we can definitely tell difference from that and not doing any protein powder. I've been fighting this damn sore for over a year. Fortunately it is not on an ischium but on a trochanter so I'm able to get up on it without doing too much damage for as long as I want so long as I keep up on my weight shifts.

Ry, any complete protein is good. We recommend 100-120 gms. daily if you have a pressure ulcer to heal, as long as your kidneys are healthy. Do you know what your recent pre-albumin levels are? This is a good measure of your recent (2 week) protein nutrition status. If you have underlying bone or soft tissue infection or osteomyelitis, and have an elevated serum CRP, then this can artificially lower your pre-albumin levels as well.

Also, are you sure you are not getting any pressure on your trochanter when sitting? This can occur easily if you have any pelvic obliquity.

(KLD)

I use labrada products, great stuff. low cal, no carbs. I am sponsored by them thou. so im partial

Quote Originally Posted by garvey
    I'm very determined to lose about 50 pounds in a responsible manner. I'm working with folks at my out patient PT clinic, so I think I'm getting pretty good advice. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a goo protein powder that I can mix into smoothies, etc.

Thanks

ON Nutrition has the best Whey protein I have ever used. It mixes well and has 24 grams per serving which is only one scoop so its cost effective
    (not the cheapest but worth it) Go to www.optimumnutrition.com