Thread: New tablet line from Dell. Excellent excellent products at a great price.

New tablet line from Dell. Excellent excellent products at a great price.

~Let me preface this by saying I used to build all of my computers which were very high with carefully researched component choices.. I finally gave up because it just became difficult to find people to help me build them and physically troubleshoot them when something went wrong. I ended up purchasing a high-end Dell and been a fan ever since. So I know I am going to hear Dell sucks blah blah blah. They actually make very nice products now not like they used to with that said they have a new product line of tablets at a great price.

Dell Venue 7 and 8 which are 7 and 8 inch tablets respectively running the android 4,2,2, atom processor, 16GB of internal memory starting at just $149.
    The one that I am most excited about and purchased myself is the Dell Venue 8 Pro. This is an 8 inch tablet running full Windows 8.1 with an atom processor in 32 and 64 GB versions. It also comes with full version of Microsoft Office which alone is around $100. Remember this is a full-fledged computer on an 8 inch tablets so you can run the full range of applications on it. These things are actually selling like hotcakes and I picked mine up for $349 which included a case.

Dell also has recently released the Dell Venue 11 which is an 11 inch tablet with the same specs as the Dell venue 8 Pro but can also be purchased with core i3 and i5 processor starting at 499.

Looks good. Can't wait to try one. I think my laptop will be replaced by something like the Venue 11 when it dies.

Ok got a Q.. This is a Windows based tablet... went to DELL site and they are pushing MCAFEE SECURITY to add in the purchase price.
    Can't i just use MICRSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS.. which has been working excellent on my XP machine for years. And by the way is free.

Yep. Although McAffe would like you to believe they're a better virus checker. In truth, both are really pretty good...and, there are others available that also pretty good....sometimes one will catch something the other doesn't...but, I tend to think that Microsoft should be better at finding ways to screw up their software than someone who has to "reverse engineer" the operating syste.

I use Microsoft SE plus Spy Bot Search & Destroy,and a good registry cleaner...and being home all day i surf "ALL" sorts of sites daily ;)

Microsoft has stated that Windows users should use an AV that is above and beyond their MSE.

http://lifehacker.com/microsoft-admi...eff-1441135677

Windows 8 (which the table runs) has microsoft AV build in and won't run Windows Security Essentials.

Windows 8 has built-in antivirus which is basically Windows security essentials rebranded as Windows defender. It has both virus and malware scanning capabilities built into one package. McAfee is complete garbage and I would never recommend using it. As soon as I get any prebuilt system I immediately uninstall all of the bloatware. http://gyazo.com/28a17d7b735bc2e6e0006558cd7d15ad

~It's somewhat confusing because Microsoft had a product called Windows defender which was just a malware remover alone. So when they added built-in antivirus into Windows 8 and essentially rebranded Microsoft security essentials to Windows defender it became confusing to users. If you didn't know it was called Windows defender it would be somewhat difficult to find. Simply from the start screen start typing "Windows defender."