Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sure locks

Sure locks

Anyone here know anything about sure locks. I have d's locks on my marvel and I am looking for a better solution . My icon came with adi brakes only problem is my seat sits to low to use them so they had to be removed. It would have been really nice if I could have used them. I am really interested in sure locks and would like some input. Thanks guys!

Blog Entries
    Not going to be much of an improvement. A fraction of an inch less potential continued roll after flipping the lever, prior to engagement. Perhaps (anecdotally supported) higher quality components and fasteners. The net effect will be pretty much the same, IMHO. What aspect of D's is falling short of your expectations?

I use d's lock with spinergy spox and when transferring my chair still feels shakey

I was thinking of trying the sure locks and see if I have better results! Maybe it's just me! I donno. I really wish the adi brakes would have worked.

Blog Entries
    Sure locks will wiggle as much. Most of the wiggle is the wheels, in my experience. Wheels with metal spokes helps, a bit. While traditional tire clamp style do hold the chair more firmly in place, they can still slip on you. No matter the wiggle with D's, installed properly, they won't slip. It is a shame you didn't like the ADI brakes. I've always thought of them as top of the line.

I do like the adi brakes the just won't work on my set up . I have an icon and when the shock engages they hit the brakes maybe I should contact them

Contacted adi they said I need to contact icon for the parts I need my camber adjustments tooo short! So I can't move the brakes to the outside of the chair! So I emailed icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity
    Sure locks will wiggle as much. Most of the wiggle is the wheels, in my experience. Wheels with metal spokes helps, a bit. While traditional tire clamp style do hold the chair more firmly in place, they can still slip on you. No matter the wiggle with D's, installed properly, they won't slip. It is a shame you didn't like the ADI brakes. I've always thought of them as top of the line.
    exactly right. you get used to the wiggle. its less on round bettys. stick with your D's. they are my pick, been using for 10 years on several chairs. great product with great service.

Does anyone know how much sure locks cost?

Blog Entries
    2. 2 damn much!! LOL! There was a "mention stephen212 from Carecure" at the time of ordering and get them for the discounted price of ~$500, but, I'm not sure if that is an ongoing deal. Their MSRP is like $800.