Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digestive issues after gallbladder removle

Digestive issues after gallbladder removle

Like title says need suggestions. My gi is pulling his hair out tring to make things work. Only problem is my body is not wanting to cowaperate. I am already on protonix, creon, probiotic, Bental ,zanaflex and now because of gut pains pain meds. Help please! I don't know what to do! My stomache hurts all the time! Pancrease is fine liver is fine kidneys are fine what else could it be?

And 2 different anti neasea meds

Slow stomach, food stays in stomach to long. Does it feel better if you fast for a bit?

Yes if I don't eat I feel 100% better no pain nothing! It's crazy!

Maybe you need a new GI / second opinion. Sounds like you are on too many things. If they aren't helping, get off them. Why on creon if your pancreas is fine, for instance?

So the problem is - you have pain with eating?

Do they think you have gastroparesis (slow stomach emptying)? That is treated with a medicine like Reglan. It is a common cause of pain/discomfort/nausea with eating. Several people have posted on this board about having it.

What does the surgeon think, who did you gall bladder surgery? Maybe he damaged something (like the nerve that goes to the stomach... causing some gastroparesis) and that is why you have discomfort.

Sounds awful. Time for another opinion....

The Surgen is a jack ass. He dumped it back on the gi

It's painful and it's a poor exsistance. I have lost sooooo muh weight. My whole body hurts! My gi is trying everything! I have 3 oppions all of with resoluted in nothing. My gi is greatful to have help resolving these issues! So I can live a normal life. Any other suggestions are welcomed

It's so painful that at times I feel like I can't breathe

Take a look at your diet. Try to stay away from greasy, fried, spicy foods. Stick to bland and to small amounts. Eat more frequently if you have to. Also I too question all the medications. I would suggest that you and your doc have a talk about what maybe you can take away. If they are not working, why be on them? Reglan may be a good idea - Also, what types of fluids are you drinking? Stay away from carbonation, caffeine and anything too extreme in temperature.
    CKF

I met a local women from the Gastroparesis support group, who got her Gastroparesis from a gallbladder removal. The nerve was cut by mistake during surgery. But of course this is only one possibility, there are others as well. Like the nurse says, try very small meals with no fat and very little fiber. (Fat and fiber slow down stomach emptying rates) Do not eat anything that is hard on your stomach, like coffee, soda or alcohol. So how are you doing now, is it getting any better?