Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HOW DOES EVERYONE AVOID DESTROYING THEIR FRIENDS HOMES WHEN VISITING?

Quote Originally Posted by nauticalmike View Post
    Actually, yes I am no longer allowed in my wife's house, ever, and although not because of the chair necessarily I really have no friends and am essentially alone in this world.
    Invite friends to your house, order up some fun takeaway food and enjoy your friends in the "safety" of your place.

I rarely go to friends houses. They are nearly all inaccessible.

I get them to come to my barn house which is totally accessible as well as being a very serene space with high energy options!
    And we have parties. Three weeks ago my wife turned 60 and I managed to finagle a 60 person surprise party. She was blown away!
    She's a singer, so I invited most of the musicians she's worked with; ten showed up. Now I know why I let her buy that baby grand!
    Sure sounds good with a jazz trio, singers, and soloists!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Try as hard as I might it never fails that whenever I am visiting someone I will end up cutting a corner too sharp or misjudging a doorway and my chair will scrape up or n some way mess up the door jambs and baseboards and occasionally even the walls at my friends homes, and I end up feeling really bad about it. I have destroyed my own home as well, but I can deal with that because it is mine. Is there anything that can be done short of not entering into other peoples homes that anyone can suggest ti avoid the damages that they cause with their chairs?
    Never had the problem in our home and or in friends...agree if you cant judge your chair then slow it down!!

Are you doing this with your frame of the chair or just crashing. You can a foam wrap used for wrapping around plumbing lines. You would probably need to tape It in a few spots. There is also those pool noodles in all sorts of colors. Those may make your chair too wide. But the plumbing one are a lot smaller and will bend around almost anything round. If you have a manual chair you could just wrap every6 to 8 inches of your wheel rims to add protection but still slows you to move your chair. Little harder but it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    Never had the problem in our home and or in friends...agree if you cant judge your chair then slow it down!!
    It's usually the castor forks hitting and/or push rims hitting when going down narrow hallways and then trying to turn into narrow doorways. Also sliding glass doors are a problem for me because the bottom tracker not very strong on the nylon doors. The one at my house is destroyed.

Actually, yes I am no longer allowed in my wife's house, ever, and although not because of the chair necessarily I really have no friends and am essentially alone in this world.
    Well, your wife has "issues".

for tires, I just purchased the wheel chair socks at sportaid, very impressed. They keep the home clean and I wash them in the washer. $29 a pair. worth getting. easy on and off.