Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a way to adjust the axle height on Tilite TR ?

Blog Entries
    Short of fabricating new brackets, you might be able to use a solid seat pan with spacers to get the dump correct. You'll have to change front height with different casters and/or forks to get the frame/fork geometry back to square. Also, TiLite has a new adjustable TR, iirc, the TRA. Maybe that has brackets you could use?
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    I was just messing with the rear wheel size. changing tires etc.
    The biggest issue was keeping the caster geometry correct as the caster angle is non-adjustable.
    I ended up getting some axle brackets fabricated.. a little over the top I admit, but I wanted to cover my bases should I decide to change wheels and tires in either direction

This is how the axle looked before I started.

This is the bracket I fabricated.

and in place.

NW-Will, that is impressive work. Send me your left overs.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    NW-Will, that is impressive work. Send me your left overs.
    x2
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Wow! Impressive! What is the weight of newly invented bracket? It seems that you can adjust the height at different points.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Short of fabricating new brackets, you might be able to use a solid seat pan with spacers to get the dump correct. You'll have to change front height with different casters and/or forks to get the frame/fork geometry back to square. Also, TiLite has a new adjustable TR, iirc, the TRA. Maybe that has brackets you could use?
    Thanks. I am now googling for the manual of new adjustable TR.

We'll check it out Friday Jung. I'm sure we can make the chair much more efficient than it is now. Looking forward to meeting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    We'll check it out Friday Jung. I'm sure we can make the chair much more efficient than it is now. Looking forward to meeting you.
    Thanks, Pat. I really enjoyed meeting with you today. I also don't know what to say for your such a kind help regarding my wheels and for information of Ukukele group.
    Your suggestion of my getting tension adjustable backrest seems a good solution for my seat problem.
    I will contact Jeff Adams as you guided. I am eagar to try Icon and hope to find a Icon demo near Seattle.

See more often since we live near. I got so tired after rolling (walking?) around downtown almost 2 hours for my daughter's Halloween adventure.