Thread: Best way to convey personal news updates

Best way to convey personal news updates

I'm seeking some advice that I thought would be best handled by the "techies" on Carecure.
    I have to get some serious spinal surgery done in the near future. I will know details by end of this month (Nov).
    Having gone thru this drill once before but with little idea about what to expect, my wife reminded me of one of the headaches she faced when I was in the hospital and completely out of it -
    keeping my large extended family abreast of my condition from day to day. The phone calls drove her crazy when she was already faced with many challenges.
    She hates facebook and I'm not too fond of it either, so I was wondering if maybe I should just use the free website authoring tool offered by my IP (Verizon) or maybe set up a blog and have everyone pointed to that.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

IMHO, the problem with the "free web site" is its out there for the world to see. Maybe not something you want to do.

On the other hand, how about the old fashioned way...a phone tree. Let your wife call the "family town crier" (every family has one) and let that person spread the word.

I also frequently recommend CaringBridge for this. It is free, and access is only granted to people that you want to be able to access it. You do not have to select the Facebook connect option if you don't want to.

http://www.caringbridge.org

(KLD)

Thanks - I had never heard of CaringBridge. Both good ideas - knew I could count on CareCure folks:)

I am getting ready to deal with the same thing following my wife's surgery. I just create a mailing list with Firefox and send out daily upates for things like this.

Blog Entries
    Most email programs allow you to create a list to email to a group of any size. I've done it with Thunderbird and Gmail, and it was really simple in both.

Caring Bridge was a quick easy way to keep people updated and get replies when my husband was injured and we were away at rehab. I'd recommend it.

I've taken a quick look at the Caring Bridge website. Looks good. I'm going to spend some time on it this weekend as soon as I can get away from work. I have be sure my wife likes it as she may be the primary user.
    Thanks