Thread: 20 FR Catheter suggestions for supra-pubic

20 FR Catheter suggestions for supra-pubic

I've been using Bardia 20fr catheters for my supra-pubic, but lately they've been 'clogging' after only 2 weeks or so. I wonder if they're not failing somehow, as I've got no UTI symptoms and pretty clear urine. Does anyone have good luck with any other brand?

thanks,
    mark

Some member have started using a catheter call Duette by Poiesis. http://www.poiesismedical.com/products/duette/

This company will send out a free sample to your doctor for you to try.

All the best,
    GJ

Thank you GJ. I'll give them a call.

you may be experiencing a larger amount of sediment in your bladder that is causing it to clog the catheter. you can flush it with water or diluted acetic acid to see if that helps the sediment and change the catheter more often than once a month like every 2-3 weeks.

pbr

You might check the end of the catheter for stone formation. After you take it out, squeeze the area just below the balloon between your fingers and see if you can feel or hear any stone being crushed. You might also be able to see it on the outside. My bladder is colonized, so I don't have UTI symptoms, but I have to change my cath every 10 days b/c it clogs due to stone formation.