Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If I had MS, I'd be excited over this!

willing, I just read your reply again and get it. How will the myelin stop degrading by not treating the underlying cause. That I have no clue. My strongest belief in the many theories of cause lay in the environment and the way we eff it up (production farming, pesticides etc). Who knows if they will ever find out? If they do, what are they going to do when thousands want compensation?

The conspiracy theorist in me also ties this to autism in children ... how many parents will want compensation if they can prove this is from vaccines gone wrong in some? A lot of money at stake there ... so the 'conglomerate of government and pharma' will never let that happen.

Same with MS.

Hopkins lost their biggest TM/MS researcher on the stem cell front a few years ago. That probably contributed to the delays.
    TM is normally a one hit disease but can reoccur or have additions like optic neuritis add on later. In about a third of cases TM seems to turn into MS. But MS includes lesions on the brain also and is an ongoing disease process.

The only problem with the conspiracy ideas is the virus that causes TM is gone from the CSF by the time people suffer the effects so it is hard pinning it to a flu virus, a weakened live vaccine or another virus. Most believe there is a three week lag between virus to symptoms.
    And MS suffers from geography. Ever looked at where it is most prevalent? The further from the equator you are the more it is seen. But most cases are in predominantly white, first world areas such as Canada, the US, Australia, Scandanavia and South Africa. Yes, blacks also get it but it hits mainly those of northern European extraction. We use many more preservatives in the US and have for longer than say, Finland. The TM vaccine connection is most likely valid in many cases of TM but not due to mercury derivatives or Europe would have stopped their vaccine possibles decades ago. Most educated parents of kids with autism are now looking at overly medicated food such as antibiotics in meats and poultry and preservatives in many canned foods.
    Back when the polio vaccine first came out the US formed a vaccine caused disabilities fund to help families effected. Unfortunately most prefer suing manufacturers who settle before a jury sees any kids even when there is no proof at all that vaccines cause autism.
    But the above news is fantastic!

I have CIDP caused by a flu shot.