Thread: Freewheel price increase

Freewheel price increase

Took a look at the Freewheel webpage today because my a/b brother saw one in action today, has Pat really increased the price to $599? http://www.gofreewheel.com/fw/About-the-FreeWheel I thought the $400 I had heard it was previously retailing for was extreme!

$600 and shipping...wow, and I thought I paid the big bucks for a limited market item. That's bordering on nutty at this point. Maybe with less of a toylike front wheel that would sting less.

Eh yeah $600 is a lot. But what other option do you have? I got mine when it was $500, and I thought it was ridiculous at first. I actually got mad at my wife for spending that much money on such a simple thing... but after using it as much as I use it, it has proven itself to be a worthwhile investment. An extra $100 kind of sucks, but wouldn't be a deal breaker for the amount of use I get out of the thing.

My perception of Pat and the price will keep me from getting one unless I pick up a used one for around $250 max...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Maybe with less of a toylike front wheel that would sting less.
    yup.

Quote Originally Posted by nayr
    yeah $600 is a lot. But what other option do you have?
    yup.

Quote Originally Posted by nayr
    ...but after using it as much as I use it, it has proven itself to be a worthwhile investment.
    yup.

Blog Entries
    Still worth every penny, to me. Sitting in a $5,000 wheelchair, another $600 for so much more mobility is still a no brainer YES for this gimple! Don't forget that every year our money loses 3% of it's value, so, everything goes up in price, by design. Also, in the DME world liability insurance premiums go up as a factor of the number of units sold. Another built in price inflator. With only one product, this is a killer. I know, I know, I know...Pat should be the one business man that doesn't pass on his increased costs to his customers...right?!?!?!

Everything about good mobility is expensive. You get what you pay for in any market. Heck a smart phone is $600+ (no contract - I pay $8 a month for no-contract service). If the FreeWheel is as durable as I believe, it will provide as much service to me as my smart phone. I hope to get a FW soon.

I went with the rio firefly myself. Figured if I was coughing up that kind of money might as well get a powered one that saves my shoulders!