Thread: carbon fiber seat base

carbon fiber seat base

hey guys.
    unfortunately, with the new interface we seem to have lose our repository of CF seat posts. so i am hereby relaunching it... sorry ;-)

i am looking at changing the seat base on my panthera X ... might as well be all CF, right?

i have purchased a 5/32 18x18 birch core CF plate from Dragon Plate (http://www.dragonplate.com/ecart/categories.asp?cID=3), but i havce to say i find it rather heavy...
    would honeycomb be better? or the ecoomy CF plate?
    would these 2 be suitable?
    which is lighter?

then another question:
    how do i cut the plates? what tools do i use?

thanks for your help guys!

/chris

I bought a carob fiber seatpan from Bike-On to replace my Tilite solid (honeycomb) aluminum seatpan. It is much lighter. So my recommendation is to start over with an already made seatpan.

We haven't lost them, they just aren't currently accessible by the search function. The moderators and admin have said its one of their top priorities to get everything accessible again.

I would think if you're going for the lightest weight, then something like a seat pan by strips (a la toto1), or with large cutouts (a la t8burst) would be best. You could try contacting those 2 users for photos and weights of their seatpans since you can't get to them yet by search.