Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glial Scarring

No,I don't have too much spasticity.My left leg shakes quite rapidly some times when I stretch and also sometimes,my stomach,especially at night.Overalll though,not too bad.

Then document every new thing you can move and try to translate it to a usable ADL like transferring without help just spotter and then transferring no spotter, cathing without anothers help except set up, then no help, dressing your lower body. Each item will help get you more outpatient PT. Keep working out!

This might sound like a silly question but in incomplete people can axons not "go around"a glial scar?Like if you're going down the street and something was in your way,you would go around it!

If I'm reading this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroglia right, the answer is maybe. Seems to be related to where the scar is.

From all the florescent slides of injuries I've seen over the years, yes it is possible. Many are sort of pushed to the sides around an injured site and others go through in wavy paths when a contusion site has many small "dead areas". It can take time for swelling to go down enough for signals to squeeze past the now empty injured areas.