Thread: gimp hip stretches

gimp hip stretches

what have you guys found stretches your hips best?

It might help to describe which movement plane you want to stretch in. For example, hip extension? straight leg extension or flexed knee extension), flexion (straight knee or flexed knee), external/internal rotation, abduction or adduction?? The hip can be moved in all of these directions.

(KLD)

the one you stretch while on belly, not sure correct term.

Just getting on my stomach helps.

Also, laying back on the bed with your legs dangling from the knees helps me ... helps the stomach stretch too. Often it gets sore from too much 90° sitting.

Laying belly down & raising up on your elbows for 10min a day, or my soaz gets so tight it's like my hip balls are gonna pop out

I do the same supper important stretch that Steve is talking about, in my standing frame. Fuentejps, I don't know if you use a standing frame or not, but I took off the back, and when standing I lean back at the hips to try to get more then strait up. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by flying
    I do the same supper important stretch that Steve is talking about, in my standing frame. Fuentejps, I don't know if you use a standing frame or not, but I took off the back, and when standing I lean back at the hips to try to get more then strait up. Good luck
    oh ya I stand daily have for 26 of my 27 yrs sci. doesn't seem to totally stretch my hips. when I get in bed my right leg doesn't lay completely flat. after I lay on my belly it does.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps

oh ya I stand daily have for 26 of my 27 yrs sci. doesn't seem to totally stretch my hips. when I get in bed my right leg doesn't lay completely flat. after I lay on my belly it does.
    Well then I think the way Steve does it would help. Sometimes this method gives me a sore lower back, so I kind of roll over on one hip and do one side at a time. Sitting in a chair makes a person kind of bent forward, and so you really have to stretch out the other way a lot. Happy stretching.