Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

You are welcome Domosoyo. There is very little equipment out there for stroke survivors, and although not the audience here, I really wanted to put it in that context for people who have had strokes who may not even realize that it is possible.

Do you have someone helping with the anti-tilt adjustments? That's been our biggest challenge, and if you can get the help at the beginning, it will probably save you time, and you will also know that it is working properly from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Domosoyo View Post
    Thank you for putting together such an informative video! We get ours this week and also have a ZRa.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

I believe I will be taking off the current ones on the ZRA.....after that I don't know.

My meaning was if you have someone helping with the anti-tilt mechanism adjustments on the ZX-1.

I believe I will be taking off the current ones on the ZRA.....after that I don't know.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Nope.
    Although they made some adjustments for me based on pictures I sent of the chair it will be used on and I provided some other specifics. I don't know what the adjustments were though. I'll know more when this arrives tomorrow.

I know that some people use the FreeWheel with the ZX-1. I wish we could also, but unfortunately it can not be attached to my husband's chair and I also think he might struggle coordinating a FreeWheel with the ZX-1. The bumps with our brick roads with 5 inch casters really get to him. We have been in the process of trying to make an All-Terrain Third Wheel that will attach to the front frame of the chair, but it is taking us a while. I've been thinking that it would be even better to have something we could attach to the front of the ZX-1, because that is when he would use it the most.

This is just rough thoughts, but I'm thinking about something that could be clamped on near the other front fork that was extended out more, with a large wide wheel, and possibly suspension. There would also need to be a way to lift the wheelchair front casters off the ground for it to work. I've mentioned it to Spinergy recently, but I would be curious if anyone else had interest in an All-Terrain Third Wheel that could be attached when needed onto the ZX-1. Here is a very rough concept so that you know what I am talking about.
    Name:  Zx-1Dimensionsheet third wheel.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  48.7 KB

I am curious how it went yesterday with receiving the ZX-1. I hope it arrived and that your daughter is doing pirouettes all over the place with it. I'd also be curious if you decided on the lithium batteries or not, and what your take is on them.

Nope.
    Although they made some adjustments for me based on pictures I sent of the chair it will be used on and I provided some other specifics. I don't know what the adjustments were though. I'll know more when this arrives tomorrow.

It was delivered at around six so we just brought it in the house. We are taking it out of the packaging tonight. I don't know how far we will get with it because it is such a big homework night. (Did get the lithium batteries btw.) I'm going to need more room in the dining room for this project so out come the table leaves!

Woo hoo! Congratulations. Feel free to post here with any questions you have. I'll be around all weekend, and I'm sure others are willing to help also.

Just as a note, I found it helpful to take pictures of how things are set from the beginning. Then if you need to modify anything, you have a place to return to. I would also like to see pictures of the lithium batteries if you get the chance.

It was delivered at around six so we just brought it in the house. We are taking it out of the packaging tonight. I don't know how far we will get with it because it is such a big homework night. (Did get the lithium batteries btw.) I'm going to need more room in the dining room for this project so out come the table leaves!

I just started on this finally. I took her anti-tips off her chair and left the bracket hoping that I don't have to remove that but it looks like I may have to because they are resting on the ZX-1 large tires on either side. I printed her chair measurements from TiLite's site based on the serial number. According to that the chair CG is 1.5" and there are no half sizes on the table in the ZX-1 manual. Not sure which of the adjustment hole's I should use...more forward or more backward.

One thing is for sure....she is not using this until I've used it to check the safety.

My husband has 3" COG and he also has armrests. He is not able to not have armrests when he uses his ZRA without the ZX-1. He also has user friendly anti-tips, and we were able to keep them on also, but flip them up. It was a tight squeeze with his chair that is 16 inch wide, so if her's is narrower, or she does not have the "user friendly" anti-tips, that may not be possible.

We had the same problem as you are having with the armrest bracket. We have moved the Armrest Bracket Adjustment backward to hole 5 as shown in the picture below. We have not had any problems with the chair being too tippy, but we have also not used it on big inclines. My opinion is that you would probably not have a problem by moving it back one hole to clear the armrests. You can check with Spinergy on this also and give it a good test on an incline.

Name:  Spinergy ZX-1 OM Armrest Bracket Adjustment.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  221.4 KB
    Last edited by elarson; 11-15-2014 at 05:03 PM.