Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 286869707172737475767778

Thread: ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

Hi Keith,

I can't help with insurance in the US and I don't know about pricing for repairs.

My guess is that you could replace the PG Drives VR2 Joystick Controller for less than $500, especially if you can find one used. The joystick is used on quite a few electric wheelchairs, so it should not be hard to source one. Keep in mind that you will probably need to reprogram it for the ZX-1 settings, but that should not cost you much from a DME.

Here is a link to the documentation in case you don't have it. I'm not sure if it will be the same version as yours though. http://sunrise.pgdrivestechnology.co...SK77898-05.pdf
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    Hi Keith,

I can't help with insurance in the US and I don't know about pricing for repairs.

My guess is that you could replace the PG Drives VR2 Joystick Controller for less than $500, especially if you can find one used. The joystick is used on quite a few electric wheelchairs, so it should not be hard to source one. Keep in mind that you will probably need to reprogram it for the ZX-1 settings, but that should not cost you much from a DME.

Here is a link to the documentation in case you don't have it. I'm not sure if it will be the same version as yours though. http://sunrise.pgdrivestechnology.co...SK77898-05.pdf
    Thanks for your help elarson! I will look into it! Do you happen to have a contact with the original inventor Builder?

Anybody else out there in the Community got some Intel?

Quote Originally Posted by krshirk View Post
    Thanks for your help elarson! I will look into it! Do you happen to have a contact with the original inventor Builder?

Anybody else out there in the Community got some Intel?
    I agree with Elarson's advice. These are a fairly common joystick used on a number of different manufacturer's powerchairs. There are many new, used and rebuilt VR2 joysticks for sale on eBay, just make sure it has the actuator function(extra 2 buttons with seat symbols). It is just plug and play, no programming is necessary.

Here is a link to VR2 flash codes: https://support.pgdt.com/Online-Diag...R2-Flash-Codes

I'm sure you've tried new batteries and checked all the battery connections, you may also want to try bypassing the 50 amp fuse that connects the two batteries.