Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778 LastLast

Thread: ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

the actuator harness plugs into the control box at the upper right corner. Pay attention-there are four 2 terminal sockets in that section; the two terminal actuator wire plugs into the upper/right (outer) choice. The plug is "keyed" and will only go into this/correct socket.

AFAIK, the actuator/linear motor is 12v. Don't try using 24v to test! I believe that a 9v transistor radio battery is enough to run it. Shangine the polarity reverses the device.
    If you can take short lengths of a paperclip and stand them up in the cable connector, you should be able to bend them so the 9v battery will contact them and see if the actuator works.
    If so, then the control box is at fault.

If that's the case, before replacing it, I'd try splitting the seam and looking for a fault inside like a cracke solder joint where the relay is mounted; perhaps pull the relay cover off and see if you can file dirty contacts?
    I go to extraordinary ends before paying a lot for something I can fix!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

THanks. I wrote the people at Spinergy and numotion from the first time I had a breakdown. They aready responded and are sending a replacement actuator to my DME. My DME is picking up the machine Moday afternoon. Kind of surprised it went this quick. It's still under warranty.

Still wondering if Pattherat is still active on CareCure. Does anyone have a contact e-mail for him?

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    Has anyone here heard from Pattherat? I have been having a conversation with him through messages, but he seems to have disappeared in the middle of it. Hopefully we just got our communication crossed, but I would be interested to know if he is okay.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

PM Sent Elarson.

New batteries ?

Hi, all ZX-1 aficionados,
    My ZX-1 (with lithium batteries since the beginning) is now losing his mileage range...
    I think it's time for new batteries.
    The question is: Do I have to buy the same, or do you know if there are aftermarket batteries with more amps to increase the range ?
    anyway, what are the OEM specs ? I'm not able to find them (!) nor to read on my current units...
    Thanks
    C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
    my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
    Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

Hi Robotnik,

Our lithium batterties are Powerizer LiFePO4 from BatterySpace in the US. This is the spec sheet http://www.batteryspace.com/prod-specs/6912.pdf.

It is expensive to have them shipped from the US to Europe because they need extra handling because they are lithium. I found these batteries, which I think are fully compatible https://www.intercel.eu/pbq-life-15-12/. This is the spec sheet https://www.intercel.eu/media/datash...fe-15-12_3.pdf.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Attendant control mount / bracket

As a follow-up to posts about adding an attendant control to the ZX-1 (see posts #625 and later), we received the mount/bracket that Pat made for us. He used a motorcycle mirror mount and welded on a plate to screw into the attendant control. It fits perfectly!

The positioning is good for me to operate while walking behind the wheelchair. It is at a good height and angle so I can comfortably use it for a long walk, but hopefully low enough to not get knocked around too much.

We should now be able to go out and battle the bike paths in Amsterdam and I will be able take over as an attendant when things get a bit crazy, as they often do here. My husband said he will feel much less stressed having me on the attendant control.

Pat Tallino is a super star for helping us by making this mount! Who knows, maybe it is another thing he can license to Spinergy if other's are interested too.

I'm still finding the steering is a bit wonky for the attendant control joystick. It is not as easy to steer as the VR2 joystick and swings around a bit. I'm not sure if that is because of the location relative to the ZX-1, or some other reason. I had hoped it would be better with the better mount, which it is, but it is still not ideal.

I did a reorientation of the joystick again, as described in chapter 5 Dual Attendant System, section 5 of the the VR2 Technical Manual. Everything seems fine with the flashing light indications, but it is still not as good as the VR2 joystick. I've also tried adjusting the position of the mount as far forward as possible on the ZX-1 arm rest, and reorienting the joystick, but it is still not as easy as I think it should be.

The control system is programmed for drive profile operation, which as I understand, the dual attendant system will only adjust the speed within the selected profile. I'm wondering if I need to do a reorientation of the joystick within every profile also?

Last edited by elarson; 10-29-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks for your help Ellen. You're right, these products are not easy to find... More, I was wanting to buy a bigger (in Amps) battery model to have a longer range, but I haven't seen one in the European's suppliers gallery...
    At least if I want to buy directly in China with Alibaba, I've seen this one which has 24 A at a very affordable price. I guess it's compatible ...
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3288...c00TkPfJg&mp=1
    C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
    my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
    Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

Good to know there are other cheaper options. Please post if you find something that works with a longer range.

Quote Originally Posted by robotnik View Post
    Thanks for your help Ellen. You're right, these products are not easy to find... More, I was wanting to buy a bigger (in Amps) battery model to have a longer range, but I haven't seen one in the European's suppliers gallery...
    At least if I want to buy directly in China with Alibaba, I've seen this one which has 24 A at a very affordable price. I guess it's compatible ...
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3288...c00TkPfJg&mp=1

Joystick woe's

Hi Gang! Im about 4 months into a joystick issue which I really want to get resolved ASAP with winter coming. I was using the ZX in my yard 4 months ago with no issues whatsoever. Came inside, plugged it in to charge, came back the following day to use it but was given a single blinking light code.....damnit!

since then i ruled out it being a battery issue, called spinergy about it, received extremely untimely poor customer service that resulted in me losing my good set of batteries due to lack of use and charging resulting from the issue, contacted my dme, argued with Spinergy (both my dme and I together) about it NOT being a battery problem. Spinergy finally agreed with us that its a faulty joystick, waited waaaay too long for them to get a simple quote to the dme, sent it to insurance to see about the repairs being paid for..............all for my insurance to tell me repairs are denied b/c i havent had it for at least 5 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!

My DME is teling me it will cost $500 to fix. Does this seem legit? i feel like they are trying to rip me off! Anyone know if/where i can purchase a new joystick??? It seems like a plug and play part to me......PLEASE, ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATIVE!!!

KEITH