Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst ... 216162636465666768697071727374 LastLast

Thread: ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

Has anyone here heard from Pattherat? I have been having a conversation with him through messages, but he seems to have disappeared in the middle of it. Hopefully we just got our communication crossed, but I would be interested to know if he is okay.
    Last edited by elarson; 02-09-2019 at 07:08 PM.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Ordered a pair of SmartBattery (855 465 4844) LiIon batteries expecting $200 ea. They're now $150 ea w/built in BMS

I asked if it was OK to run and charge a pair in series and was told by Victor it wouldn't be a problem.

Report to follow when the weather allows.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    Ordered a pair of SmartBattery (855 465 4844) LiIon batteries expecting $200 ea. They're now $150 ea w/built in BMS

I asked if it was OK to run and charge a pair in series and was told by Victor it wouldn't be a problem.

Report to follow when the weather allows.
    Great idea, poor reviews, I hope things have changed:
    https://www.amazon.com/SMART-BATTERY...ews/B00I8UKIAG
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/smart-battery-ft-lauderdale
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

thanks for the heads-up, nonoise!
    They certainly look like predators.
    I phoned them and left a message not to ship or run the card.
    I contacted Discover and apprised them.
    Discover can't act until the charge is made and, apparently it was as I type!
    Now to call them back.
    NW NJ

thanks for the heads-up, nonoise!
    They certainly look like predators.
    I phoned them and left a message not to ship or run the card.
    I contacted Discover and apprised them.
    Discover can't act until the charge is made and, apparently it was as I type!
    Now to call them back.

EDIT: 7:38pm I emailed the seller and left a clear message to void and refund the sale (he had run the card while I was posting). I read all the feedback: he's a total scammer/scumbag!
    Unbelievably, he just phoned and said he will reverse the charges. I hope!

So now I'm searching for some supplier that turned up with good reviews of 12v 12AH LiFePO4 batteries w/BMS in and can't find it!
    NW NJ

My heart sank when I read those reviews, but I felt a duty to warn you if you had not seen them. I've wanted to see someone try and do this type swap with a ZX1 ever since I saw my supplier selling drop in 12 volt lithiums. Spinergy has added that mystery box which I do not understand it's purpose, so there is that.

In your search, I would not be afraid of NMC batteries. The most difficult part as you have found is fraud, sellers or suppliers using counterfeit cells. I've read long discussions on detecting if cells are true or poor imitations.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Still searchig for LiXXX batteries w/o
    Derermined to have this resolved by spring including hoist in back of MB R350 to take into NYC on occasion!
    What little use I’ve had has me hooked!
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    My heart sank when I read those reviews, but I felt a duty to warn you if you had not seen them. I've wanted to see someone try and do this type swap with a ZX1 ever since I saw my supplier selling drop in 12 volt lithiums. Spinergy has added that mystery box which I do not understand it's purpose, so there is that.

In your search, I would not be afraid of NMC batteries. The most difficult part as you have found is fraud, sellers or suppliers using counterfeit cells. I've read long discussions on detecting if cells are true or poor imitations.
    My card got refunded!!
    Still scouring the web for a known good 12-15AH 12V LFB w/included BMS. It's the wild west out there!
    Considering just getting good lead-acid 15AH 12150 type. What were the ones Patterat runs?
    NW NJ

I thought you might all like to see my husband Rob shopping with our dog Jane using his ZX-1 and a Burley Travoy bike trailer.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Thanks elarson! Love the video.......
    Last edited by triumph; 03-04-2019 at 09:22 AM. Reason: corrected name