Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 195960616263646566676869

Thread: ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

This is interesting information, about LiPO vs lead and a very curious anomaly in their ratings (lower AH Li have greater power??? Huh?)

Also, a $400 Li pair w/built-in management for $400 for ZX1
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    This is interesting information, about LiPO vs lead and a very curious anomaly in their ratings (lower AH Li have greater power??? Huh?)
    #27....
    Battery life is dependent on how fast it it discharged as described in this link from the drone world. They describe the C rate, or discharge rate. Different batteries have different rates. I have a box of 24 volt lithiums with apparently a low rate that are quite disappointing, but two paralleled together serve as a backup battery. If you can figure the amp draw of the motors etc. maybe you can crack this puzzle. https://quadquestions.com/blog/2014/...ing-explained/
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

im not sure.. in my opinion all zx should go lithium, i suggest the upgrade to my customers. they can be finicky with the bms sometimes but overall good. maybe pat the original designer will give his opinion. im sure it has to do with user size, weight, terrain etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Why do you suppose the lead acid batteries in the ZX-1 run down so quickly? Are the ZX-1 batteries much smaller than full power chair batteries? I don't know, I am asking. The drive motors are probably the same or similar between the two.

I do know brushed motors suck juice. My brushed motored I-glide running on the same lithium battery pack caves in long before it ever would when used on the brushless hub motors.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer