Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 155556575859606162636465666768697071727374 LastLast

Thread: ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

Yep, Pat is a star for sure. One of the best originators for an active generation of wheelers. I've had one of his first ZX/1 for years and dearly love it for it's simplicity. I'm on my second one now and got it only because my insurance would finally cover it and needed a longer mileage lithium battery. It's a good one but my old one is still like new also, just doesn't have the mileage I need now.

It looks like you need something custom Elarson and Pat is the man who will make it right. Also want to thank you E. for all your input to this thread thru the years.

Sorry to hear they did not work out for you.

This might seem like a stupid question, but did you just replace the tires, or also the wheel/rim? .

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    Got my mud-bog knobbies.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

I put the tires on the original rims
    These are two piece wheels and if you take the lug bolts off with the tire inflated they split apart and the tube tries to come out through the middle! They really should have a couple screws to hold the two together so you could deal with them like a regular wheel and tire if you wanted to swap them.

PS: Is that large electronics box on top of your controller the lithium Ion conversion?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Oh, my. Those are muddy knobbies. Thanks for the info about the wheels/tires. I'm hoping we get some funding, in which case I will replace the entire wheel I think. Otherwise I guess I will muddle through like you did.

Indeed, the box on top of the controller is the battery management system (BMS) circuit/box assembly for the lithium battery conversion.

I put the tires on the original rims
    These are two piece wheels and if you take the lug bolts off with the tire inflated they split apart and the tube tries to come out through the middle! They really should have a couple screws to hold the two together so you could deal with them like a regular wheel and tire if you wanted to swap them.

PS: Is that large electronics box on top of your controller the lithium Ion conversion?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Got my mud-bog knobbies.
    Went around back to the run up to our generator: FAIL!

The ground was quite saturated; maybe if it dries out it will work. I know a free-wheel is a big improvement but I need to approach the unit head on and so no free-wheel for me.

Now I have two fully mudded knobbier-not coming indoors any more!
    Use this setup and get a good run at it, if you live through it. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...711319649.html
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    ... Indeed, the box on top of the controller is the battery management system (BMS) circuit/box assembly for the lithium battery conversion.
    Question answered. Phil has wanted to know why he has a lithium charger but also has lead acid batteries. I don't see the BMS in his photo but it could be located somewhere else.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Yep, Pat is a star for sure. One of the best originators for an active generation of wheelers. I've had one of his first ZX/1 for years and dearly love it for it's simplicity. I'm on my second one now and got it only because my insurance would finally cover it and needed a longer mileage lithium battery. It's a good one but my old one is still like new also, just doesn't have the mileage I need now.

It looks like you need something custom Elarson and Pat is the man who will make it right. Also want to thank you E. for all your input to this thread thru the years.
    something , im sure your rep pointed out to you, is that with the lithium upgrade you really lose the ability to tweek your setting much, adding more power anyway. iv tweeked mine and my unit will go into crawl mode or shutdown with heavy use, sometimes at the worst times due to the battery manager. keep that in mind. ive dialed mine back down a bit.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Thanks John, No he didntpoint that out. I feel this was the first one he sold. I find it hesitates too much when turning on my van carpet. I'm sure it's a matter of getting used to the nuances of the lithium and my one with SLA's

I think this is a great deal if you need something to haul a ZX1 and nobody can lift it!https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/...rrier-tms.html
    $179 -15%=$153/free shipping.
    We have a 2" receiver on General Grant (our 87 560SEL coin to meeting' car). I'm tempted.
    From the place I got my knobbies from.
    NW NJ

John: "something , im sure your rep pointed out to you, is that with the lithium upgrade you really lose the ability to tweek your setting much, adding more power anyway. iv tweeked mine and my unit will go into crawl mode or shutdown with heavy use, sometimes at the worst times due to the battery manager. keep that in mind. ive dialed mine back down a bit."

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Thanks John, No he didntpoint that out. I feel this was the first one he sold. I find it hesitates too much when turning on my van carpet. I'm sure it's a matter of getting used to the nuances of the lithium and my one with SLA's
    Maybe John could put the $7 volt/ammeter on his rig and get clear about how hard you can work the LiIons before it shuts down or limps?
    NW NJ