Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

Quote Originally Posted by endo_aftermath View Post
    My ZX-1 runs at high speed mode regardless of the LED speed indicator. Changing the speed range on the control has no discernable effect. There have been a couple of suggestions to reprogram the control. Since I bought this ZX-1 second-hand, I don?t have a dealer to fall back on. I have two joystick modules that behave identically. How does one get a programmer?
    I think any durable medical place that services powerchairs should be able to reprogram it with a handheld dealer type programmer for you. If that doesn't work and you can do without it for a week, you could send me your Controller and I will program it to my settings.

The linear actuator jammed in the full extension position. It would move neither in nor out and just made a click when I moved the joystick. We finally drove out the fastpin freeing up that linkage and then the actuator worked fine. It worked fine upon reassembly also. How do I prevent a reoccurrence of this?
    Never had this happen. There are internal limit switches that control the stroke. Maybe during shipping or handling it was somehow forced passed one.

What to do about the air shock. Question of what's the proper air pressure for the air shock and whether I need pressure there at all or just lock it out as some people have done. Also, the air fill Schrader valve on the shock runs up against the gearbox disengagement lever with a lot of force. Neither one of them has broken yet, that we know of. It's a Fusion shock.02 rl

http://www.xfusionshox.com/images/pd...Setupguide.pdf

I keep mine locked out.

The seller may have never experienced these issues because the ZX-1 was set up for 26" wheels. The first thing I did was reconfigure it for 24" wheels. That was a straightforward move of three bolts. I think I did it correctly.
    3 bolts plus the front anti-tilt wheel needs to be moved up 2 holes on the fork.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm putting together some observations and pics to respond.

Totally worth it. But only frob the forward speed, I played around with the rotational speed and almost flew out of my chair.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    The ZX-1 joystick. Does it have two or just a single method of speed control adjustment? And a question for users that programmed their speed options, before and after, well worth it?

Asking for the individual that purchased the ZX-1 from me. I didn't use it and so don't remember well. Hoping there aren't issues.

Thank you in advance.

once you get everything dialed u will love it. ive had mine for a year now and love it. i have had zero issues with spinergies quality on these. im a dealer so i have dealt with them on several customer purchases, no issues.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

My wife had a serious hear attack a week ago Monday and was released from hospital this past Tuesday, so I dropped this ball.
    Today her daughter and husband came for the weekend so I finally had a spotter to see how it would do in our hilly and bumpy yard.
    It was encouraging. I was concerned about a lateral flip with the reduced track of the zx but I think it's low weight counterbalances that (pun 100% intentional and makes it pretty stable.
    I got stuck on the steep muddy run up to our generator so I will get knobbies. The ones the mfr sells are damn nice looking and very aggressive, but they want $200pr #329
    The ones Pat recommends are $168pr http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/3...ead-kenda.html
    Before I buy some, can anyone show me something similar to the $200 pair for much cheaper?

The volt/ammeter setup works well. On speed 5 up the steep road in front of our home, I pulled 38A at max speed.
    Originally I had wired it to a Neutix connector so I could disable it when parked, but tonight I wanted to charge batteries. Since I have lead/acid batteries and a charger clearly marked for LiIon, I wanted to be able to easily monitor the voltage while charging, so I dissected the joystick and hard-wired it into that. The kill switch/battery disconnect is so accessible that it's simple enough to just flick the whole machine of when not charging/not using. The bright display is a blatant reminder that you haven't switched off. The display draws 20mA when left on, so not a big deal. It also shows the charging current! Nice benefit.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Here Are pics
    Tomorrow I will open the kill switch and put my fluke meter across it to measure the actual current to get a fix on how accurate this thing is. Currently it?s reporting I half an amp and 29.0v/14.5v per 12v battery. Measured w/cheap DVOM, 28.83 across the battery terminals. The amps function of the cheap meter is IMO useless! It indicates current when not connected and the readings connected make no sense! The internal fuse is OK.

One observation and revelation: for 23 years I've pushed these fucking chairs excepting rare instances when I had help.
    I've pushed up the hill in front of our house may times and struggled through our lawn several times when I HAD to get to the generator.
    What a rush to attack that hill at speed and 38amps! I never realized how steep that pitch was until the power chair let me look at it!
    Makes sense; there's a whole story between the lower driveway and the upper one and they aren't that far apart; pretty damn steep and no problem now!
    I even took the dog for a walk!
    I think it's a life changer for a 71 YO 200lb food processor on wheels!

Now to get some grippy tires! (freewheel won't work for generator maintenance; need to pull right up to it.)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by pfcs49; 09-22-2018 at 10:40 PM.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

i have a new set of factory knobbies i need to mount. how are u posting pics, i cant get them to post
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    i have a new set of factory knobbies i need to mount. how are u posting pics, i cant get them to post
    John, first hit the 'Go Advanced' button.

Then the paperclip button.

Then browse your computer button. (choose your photo)

Then upload.

Then 'Preview Post' to see if the uploads worked.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    My wife had a serious hear attack a week ago Monday and was released from hospital this past Tuesday, so I dropped this ball.
    Today her daughter and husband came for the weekend so I finally had a spotter to see how it would do in our hilly and bumpy yard.
    It was encouraging. I was concerned about a lateral flip with the reduced track of the zx but I think it's low weight counterbalances that (pun 100% intentional and makes it pretty stable.
    I got stuck on the steep muddy run up to our generator so I will get knobbies. The ones the mfr sells are damn nice looking and very aggressive, but they want $200pr #329
    The ones Pat recommends are $168pr http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/3...ead-kenda.html
    Before I buy some, can anyone show me something similar to the $200 pair for much cheaper?
    Sorry to hear about your wife, I hope she's doing well. Many times you get stuck because your manual wheels hit the ground as your drive wheels dig in. So your manual wheels keep your weight from being transfered to the ZX1s drive wheels. First raise the actuator all the way up and try to get unstuck by leaning back to take the weight of the little front casters which aren't helping the situation. If possible do a wheelie. If that doesn't work you can pull of a manual wheel or two and try again. It can get tippy if you lean to much to one side or turn fast without them though.
    If you want just the knobby tires they are $18 here: https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/...BoCdUwQAvD_BwE
    Tire and tube combo with free shipping: https://www.amazon.com/WhatApart-3-0...=3.00-4+knobby
    Ebay, just search 3.00-4 and you'll get a slew of tires that fit. If you want a second set of wheels, many different wheelchairs use the same wheel, eg: Invacare Pronto, older Pride chairs, Some quickies. Again search Ebay for 3.00-4 or 10"x3" wheelchair wheel. 3.00 stands for sidewall 4 is the rim size, so 3x2+4=10" tall.

The volt/ammeter setup works well. On speed 5 up the steep road in front of our home, I pulled 38A at max speed.
    Originally I had wired it to a Neutix connector so I could disable it when parked, but tonight I wanted to charge batteries. Since I have lead/acid batteries and a charger clearly marked for LiIon, I wanted to be able to easily monitor the voltage while charging, so I dissected the joystick and hard-wired it into that. The kill switch/battery disconnect is so accessible that it's simple enough to just flick the whole machine of when not charging/not using. The bright display is a blatant reminder that you haven't switched off. The display draws 20mA when left on, so not a big deal. It also shows the charging current! Nice benefit.
    Not sure what you are trying to figure out with the kill switch and voltmeter, but it looks like fun.
    Last edited by pattherat; 09-23-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    It's just the "preview post" that's not working. Proof read and hit the "submit reply" button and it will post.