Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

Yes, a separate thread may be confusing!
    BTW the vendor I wish to use to obtain and install my new batteries and armrest extension is in process of dealing with Spinergy. There may be a rep for my area by now.

Yeah. When the dealer brings the replacement ZX-1 I am going to ask if he can show us the lift if possible. He is a Harmar dealer also. We don't have the money for it now, but I will be curious to see it. Also need to buy a car first

I know that Pat the inventor also made a lift, but not one that brings it into the car. I remember seeing something about it in the original ZX-1 post if you can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Just checked out the price on the Harmar auto lift for the ZX. $12,890.00us. Dang the lift cost more than the machine itself.http://www.spinergy.com/images/uploa...SS_30Jul14.pdf
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

[QUOTE=elarson;1744569...clip... but not one that brings it into the car. I remember seeing something about it in the original ZX-1 post if you can find it.[/QUOTE]

The Harmar is an outside mount too: "Easy transport on the back of a vehicle". At only about 80 pounds it seems to me a hoist to get it inside could be adapted or contracted out for a fraction of that 12k.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Dang a cheap scooter lift would work. They cost a few hundred dollars or a little more.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    The electric or power wheelchair and scooter lifts cost from about $1,000 to $1,400.

www.discountramps.com has a number of the Harmar lifts. At 70 pounds, the most inexpensive lift would work.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 08-30-2014 at 07:05 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

New zx1 lithium batteries:
    Yesterday heard from the DME grapevine that the new batteries will take 6 to 8 weeks before taking orders. I don't know if that also applies to new zx1 orders with lithium batteries, but it would seem so. Heard that the wait is due to 'getting approvals' or something of that nature.
    I recall that with the first zx1's, the long delay was partly due to the owner's manual - had to be approved by FDA or whatever organization reviews things like that.

Yippee, we got the new ZX-1 today!!! Overall, it is working perfectly. I still need to do some fine tuning on the anti-tilt placement, but for everything else, it is working brilliantly.

There definitely was a problem with the actuator, because now that it works properly, I see how bad it was. No more jarring "thump" that almost threw my husband out of the chair. I still don't know what caused it, but really appreciate that Spinergy replaced the entire ZX-1. Between the actuator and the anti-tilt not being aligned, I think it was the only way to go.

We did a quick check of the VRT2 settings while the dealer had the DTT programmer here, and it was set with the default settings provided by Spinergy a few months ago. I've copied them here in case they help anyone else. There are a total of 201 settings, but these are the 20 settings that were provided.

I plan to write a review soon, but that will take a little longer so that my husband can get comfortable using it now that it all works. Stay tuned...

[TABLE="class: mce-item-table"]
    [TR]
    [TD]VR2 Programming[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]ZX-1[/TD]
    [TD="width: 56, align: center"]Setting #[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Acceleration[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]40[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]1[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Deceleration[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]35[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]2[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Turn Acceleration[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]10[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]3[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Turn Deceleration[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]30[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]4[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Forward Speed (%) MAX[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]60[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]6[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Reverse Speed (%) MIN[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]20[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]7[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Reverse Speed (%) MAX[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]30[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]8[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Turning Speed (%) MIN[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]9[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Turning Speed (%) MAX[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]28[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Power (%)[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]100[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]11[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Operation Settings:[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Sleep Timer (Minutes)[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]12[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Joystick Throws:[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Forward (%)[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]13[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Reverse (%)[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]14[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Left (%)[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]15[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Right (%)[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]16[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Steer Correct[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]0[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]17[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Switch Beep Volume[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]18[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Motor Settings:[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Torque (%)[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]19[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Tremor Damping (%)[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]0[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    We have had a few problems with the ZX-1 since we received it last summer. It has taken quite some time to sort them out, because they did not have a dealer in the Netherlands for the ZX-1 until just recently, but we are finally making progress. ...
    Last edited by elarson; 10-28-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Just as a note, it appears that they changed the shocks used on the ZX-1. The shocks on the latest ZX-1 are Manitou Radium shocks where as last years model had X-Fusion O2 shocks. I'm not sure if anything else has changed, but so far, I don't see anything else different. If anyone wants to see photo's, I've put them on our website under ZX-1 Components Photo's along with the photo's of the previous ZX-1 from 2013.

Edited: The batteries appear to be different also. They are Universal Power Group UB12150 12V 15Ah batteries

BTW, does anyone have any input on maintenance for the shocks? My experience on mountain bikes is that they do need occasional oiling.
    Last edited by elarson; 10-29-2014 at 02:08 PM.

May 2013, really? I have an unrelated question. What is the rolling diameter of the zx-1 wheels? I mean the diameter of the part where the rubber meets the road.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Oops, we received it in June 2013.

I just took a look at the tire. It says "PRIMO POWERPLAY, 3.00-4, Max 35 PSI, Standard rim 2.15". It appears to be have a diameter of 10" and is a bit over 3" wide. I don't know much about scooter tires and after a quick search could not come up with much more information. The rim is also PRIMO. I'd be curious if you know more, because I'm sure we will need to replace these at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    May 2013, really? I have an unrelated question. What is the rolling diameter of the zx-1 wheels? I mean the diameter of the part where the rubber meets the road.