Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465 LastLast

Thread: ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

Technician was here yesterday and got work done on my TiLite Aero Z and ZX1. Was being pitched forward going downhill, to the point where I had to use a seatbelt.

Thanks, Pattherat, got anti-tips adjusted as you suggested, much closer to the backrest uprights of chair then road tested it - perfect. I know I will have a tiny struggle getting over a small bump in a threshold - someone here suggested to attack at an angle rather than straight on. Pat, you also suggested raising the rear wheels up a bit for better traction over something. Since I'm no longer able to use my body language to lean back or to push down on armrests anyway, the close fitting anti tippers are going to work fine for me.

Did not change my TiLite COG as I was concerned I might be a bit tippy when not using ZX1.
    An unexpected benefit of the change yesterday - I now have my armrest on left closer to where I need to lean arm to do pressure relief, as armrest brackets have been moved forward.
    Happy Camper today!

It's time for batteries again. I think I have MK's on it now. Are there any others I should look at before ordering. SLA's not Lithium.

Also deciding whether to rebuild the one I have now at my cost or get my insurance to buy a new one. This is one of Pat's early models he built himself. It's gotten to the point that I can't go to my workshop and back with out it losing most of the battery juice, the lights go down to 2 blinking red ones, and drops to crawl mode. I notice there are times when I push the joystick forward, the lights dim. So there may be something going on besides having batteries that are a year old.

I'll replace the batterie4s first, though I have the feeling it's more than that. I just hope its not one of the motors acting up. If rebuilding, I would guess I need the computer, hand control and programmer.

Looking for help. I'm waiting on Spinergy to return my call or email but in the meantime hoping to find the answers.

I recently sold a ZX-1 to a CareCure member and customs wants two numbers to go across the border.

They want the 'device listing number' and the FDA registration number.

Does anyone have these numbers? You'd be saving my day. Thank you!

These are all the registered numbers, etc that Spinergy had on the ZX-1.

Harmonization codes:

Code: K0108

Listing number: D230966

Product code: ITI

For anyone that may ship a ZX-1 back into the U.S., customs requires either some or all of these details.

Last edited by NorthQuad; 08-15-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Thank you, Pat. They released it after a total of eight days. I've never had an issue with shipping registered medical devices across the border until this.

Finally getting back to my ZX1. One battery shit the bed so I replaced it. Still wondering about the charger which states: "LI-ION battery charger" although I'm running conventional batteries.
    After confirming both batteries had the same at rest voltage (12.2/12.23), I put the charger on the port for 24 hours. The red charging light never went out/the green charged light never came on. I removed the charger.
    I checked the battery voltage with the charger re-connected @28.8V or 14.4V at each battery. That would be slightly overcharging of a conventional lead/acid battery but probably ok if not left on for extended periods.
    The at rest voltage after discharging is 26.6V (13.3/battery) I load tested with my 1953 600A! Sunnen load tester (6V systems need big amps) for 10s: 20.5V @~80A (hard to modulate to a low level; roamed from 60-100A) which I think is very good for these small batteries.
    I think I will put a small voltmeter on a Neutrix connector, plugged into the control for long cruises; I'm afraid of getting stuck, at least now.
    I also will look for a high current/compact switch to disconnect the batteries if I need to reboot in order to continue my journey.

I also wonder about the setup chart bottom of pg 39. This gets my foot in the door and brings the discussion to the top. Questions will come!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Building a stripped hot rod

Too bad for you! This freaking website will not except a normal density cell picture without resizing and I don?t have a program on my phone to do that and I shouldn’t need to!

What you would see would be no cover no limit sensor, revised extended stops for the pick up arms, and the anti-tip linkage and dampers gone.
    Sure looks a lot simpler!

Testing here in the garage one of the anti-tips slipped inside the back cane got hung up on the lateral back brace/Solid back etc. and took me 10 minutes to get extricated from the fucking thing!!
    Part of that problem was because it wasn’t centered on the axle of the chair so I’m going to reinstall on this chair the tapered split collars I made when I was trying to adapt the early chair who’s frame fouled the machine.
    Last edited by pfcs49; 09-05-2018 at 06:27 PM.
    NW NJ

You may want to take the anti tips off pfc. Being a T/12, there's no reason to have them on. For me, the anti tips were more bothersome than not having them on. The only challenge I have is going down my van ramp and the ZX-1 arms dip down. Once I got used to it doing that, no problem.

My biggest fear is getting stuck with a dead battery and not being able to disconnect. I did have a cable come unplugged once. luckily I was able to reach back and push it back in. My ZX is one from Pat Tallino. Am ordering a new one with the Lithium package.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    You may want to take the anti tips off pfc. Being a T/12, there's no reason to have them on. For me, the anti tips were more bothersome than not having them on. The only challenge I have is going down my van ramp and the ZX-1 arms dip down. Once I got used to it doing that, no problem.

My biggest fear is getting stuck with a dead battery and not being able to disconnect. I did have a cable come unplugged once. luckily I was able to reach back and push it back in. My ZX is one from Pat Tallino. Am ordering a new one with the Lithium package.
    Too bad I can't post photos from the phone.
    "What you would see would be no cover no limit sensor, revised extended stops for the pick up arms, and the anti-tip linkage and dampers gone."

One nice thing I got present to was that when in the running mode, I can take my wheels off, making a lot more of the device reachable.
    We have nice scenic up and down hill loop ~3mi long here that I look forward to traveling. I too am concerned about getting stuck, either dead batteries or one of those failures where power has to be interrupted to "reboot" the controller, hence the voltmeter and the kill switch plan.

I found a list of VR2 blink codes for various problems. Anybody know how to initiate these or do they occur when these specific failures happen?

Sure looks a lot simpler!
    NW NJ