Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

Speed Indicator Flashing

Hey,

Thanks for all your help so far, I think I will definitely be increasing the speed at some point. The issue I seem to be having now is when I'm using the ZX1 the speed indicator is flashing and the ZX1 either cuts out or enters crawl. In some instances i understand I have gone down a bump and it may cut out for safety or crawl down a hill for safety. But i have a brand new resin drive and its a slope but smooth and on speed setting 4 and 5 it still cuts out, I don't understand it.

I actually tried it with my chair wheels off my chair and it worked better so Im wondering if something is still not set up right and its not getting the right clearance as I have read people say that the chair wheels should be just clear of the ground and spinning which mine are not, if I clamp on all the way it tilts my chair too much and it docent like that.

Im going to contact my dealer on Monday to see if they can help, I fly Tuesday AM to Toronto so hoping it can be resolved any tips would be appreciated but at least there is a dealer there in case of emergency. I have got 25" flex rims on my chair and the ZX1 has been changed from 24 to 25" wheels so I would have thought it would clear the ground.

The loop wheels are: https://www.loopwheels.com/products/wheelchairs/

Thanks again

Charlotte

Quote Originally Posted by coolmobility View Post
    Full charge from flat is about 4 hours and with the limited range, carrying the charger on long trips may be useful. Stop for lunch by a power point for a charge boost would make a big difference as more charge goes in initially to LiPos, with current decreasing with time.

What loop wheels are you talking about having tried? Sound interesting.

You may find cost effective handle extensions or terminations that might suit in your case from bike shops or ebay. Just beware of tube sizes.

This happened to me a lot initially after changing to lithium ion drop in replacements. In my case I discovered it was battery connections and in particular connections through the circuit breaker. When I find this happening now I have a little wire brush and have my carer clean the terminals and make sure the connections are tight with a pair of pliers. Whether it is wise not I bypassed the circuit breaker as it was just another couple of connections that were loose and I believe they were loose from the start. Just my experience.

Coolmobility: Thanks for the suggestion to go at small rises at an angle instead of straight on. It's working great for me.

In recent past I have had to start using oxygen. My husband attached an Advantage Crutch Bag to the vertical tubing at the left front of my chair, allowing me to SEE the gauge on the face of the conserver attached to the top of a mid size oxygen tank. We only saw metal carriers for big tanks placed at the rear of a wheelchair, thus this adaptation. I am also able to change tanks when needed. Don't know if anyone has ever thought of this issue for persons manually pushing chair and/or using zx1, who need to independently access oxygen tank. This is a work in progress, as I will soon need to transfer to the left to van driver seat, and remove tank for that.

Hi, thanks for all the help so far. Just wonder d for those that have programmed their zx1 to change speed do you all use a programming cable or has anyone used an actual hand help programmer that works for VR2? This seems an easier option for me but wondered if it actually is so thought I would ask you all.
    Also how fast can the ZX1 actually be made to go when you programme it as I find that the pre loaded settings are really slow.
    finally I saw someone mentioned about a Bluetooth device for phone to control zx1 anyone know who made this or how to make/buy it as it would be great for in my wheelchair van as I transfer and then move my chair to a secure area which happens to be just a little too far to reach independently.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charlie89 View Post
    Hi, thanks for all the help so far. Just wonder d for those that have programmed their zx1 to change speed do you all use a programming cable or has anyone used an actual hand help programmer that works for VR2? This seems an easier option for me but wondered if it actually is so thought I would ask you all.
    Also how fast can the ZX1 actually be made to go when you programme it as I find that the pre loaded settings are really slow.
    Hi, all my initial changes were made by a basic programmer and then later, a more advanced touch screen one with program USB plug for installing new Lithium program (that had not been installed on my control).

You can change the speed and acceleration settings with basic hand programmer.
    Speed is considerably increased at 100%, but you need to decrease turn and breaking acceleration rates or you'll get tossed out.
    Just love inventing stuff.

Hi All,

My daughter wants anti-tips put back on her manual chair equipped with a ZX-1. She wants the flexibility of using her chair with/without the ZX-1 and wants the anti-tips for when she is not using the ZX-1.

I vaguely remember reading here about the type of anti-tips that can stay on a manual to use with/without the ZX-1. I just searched this topic and the site and can't seem to find the answer. Can anyone help me out?

My husband has the user friendly anti-tips and they remain on the chair with the ZX-1 (flipped up) or without the ZX-1 (flipped down). It was a BIG challenge to get the spacing right, especially with a narrow chair, but that was made more difficult because he also has D's Locks competing for space on the camber tube. I don't know if it helps, but I documented some of the ZX-1 adjustments we made on our website. Many of the adjustments were because he also uses armrests when not using the ZX-1. Feel free to let me know if you have any specific questions.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Thanks, I looked at various anti-tips yesterday and thought the ones that flipped up were the ones to go with. She also uses her arm rests and we don't have anything else on the camber tube. I'll go check out your website again. Such a good resource I just bookmarked it!

Arm rests will work with the ZX? I just adjusted my chair to have a 1 1/2" more space in the front for easier transfers without hitting the wheel. Sounds like I should try them as it would make it easier to do lift ups off the cushion.

I added your website also E. Great site. You are such a delight to have here. Thanks for being you.

Awe, that's sweet Patrick. The site is a mess, and some things out of date, but I hope it helps others. I use it to go back so I know what I did. We are still waiting for a lithium battery upgrade from Spinergy, so probably soon you will see more. Somehow I never get lucky enough not to have any problems.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).