Page 40 of 77 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

whow !!? What a nice input Coolmob., I'm really impressed ! And many thanks for your advice and your files?
    When my reseller came home to set my ZX-1, he was equipped with a brand new PP controller he has received from Spinergy, he was aware of an upgrade to do,? but there wasn't any USB key in the box. Nor any information about this REV4 procedure? That's it of course !
    Thanks for your parameters, my own idea was to have prog1 with low speed/hi control, for very close places (like in my van), prog3 for use on pedestrian places (so setted at 6Km/h) and prog5 with max speed for flat surfaces. I'll do a copy of mine (if we are able to make this ZX-1 work properly) and it will be interesting to compare.
    C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
    my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
    Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

Just a comment I made some time ago when I switched to lithium batteries - the hook-up was different. If I pulled the joystick all the way back as I did before, I would go into "crawl" mode. Found out that if I barely pulled the joystick back to hook-up, the clamshell connected fine and no crawl mode. Yes, my wheelchair tires are now just barely touching the floor. Before battery switch, I thought 1/4" from floor was ok, now I'm about 1/8". On some pavement, of course, the wheel is turning as it's touching the ground.
    I do have to be careful now as when I transfer to van driver's seat I must lock my brakes as I grip the whole tire when I transfer - when I transfer back out, I have sometimes forgotten to take the brakes off and wow, zx1 quickly tells me about it, as wheelchair wheels need to turn while in zx1!

Thanks for posting this information Coolmobility. We are waiting for the shipment on the Lithium batteries from our distributor. I sure hope they know about this and how to handle it. Let us know how it goes Robotnik. I think Spinergy lacks some communication with their their distributors and customers on this stuff. I only hope they improve over time....
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Spinergy Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    Thanks for posting this information Coolmobility. We are waiting for the shipment on the Lithium batteries from our distributor. I sure hope they know about this and how to handle it. Let us know how it goes Robotnik. I think Spinergy lacks some communication with their their distributors and customers on this stuff. I only hope they improve over time....
    When I started complaining, Spinergy assured the local agent my program was right. After numerous emails, they then conceded that my controller possibly had the wrong programming, but claimed their records had my controller with the Lithium programming. They were wrong as the reprogramming showed.

By the way, the profile parameters were not all of my making, but were mostly from another user, so no credit to me. I did do a programming course in USA in about 2004, so know how to tune, but each chair system is different. I'd now decrease Turn Acceleration at highest speed for smoother running and increase initial forward Acceleration a tad. It is purposefully very slow so as not to trip battery and let user know they are in 4 or 5 speed - helps prevent mistakes. Also the very slow braking it to prevent quads, like me, losing balance forwards, but has risks in poor emergency stopping - hence only suitable in flat safe areas.

The silicone foam strips are already tearing up after only a few trips, so they are a poor solution.
    Just love inventing stuff.

I'm now running with your settings Coolmob. and … Whoooow again, they are very nice and clever ! On the 5th, I can go as fast as I want, brake and stop without loosing my balance, control the turns even on a narrow pavement… all that as smooth as Aladdin on his flying carpet ! Very impressive, truely ! I can't imagine how it was before. I think I'm going to remove the anti-tips, they are now totally useless with this setting of the d?celeration, and it's a very good thing too !
    I have a question nevertheless : this 5th setting is very versatile (of course I also use the 1st and 2nd when I am inside) but I feel a lack of torque. When you are stopped in an incline, it's sometime difficult to restart, and there's no other solutions than using the 3rd (which seems to have the more power and torque)
    Am I right or is there a mistake in my settings ?
    C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
    my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
    Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

Hi robotnik, Glad the settings work well for you too. In speed profile 4 & 5 the acceleration is very slow, as is the torque, so it won't start on a hill or turn when stopped. This is on purpose as it lets you know which speed you are in and most importantly, prevents you tripping the BMS over-discharge circuit that shut off power until someone unplugs and plugs battery on again. Speed 3 is for outdoors moving through kerb cuts and steep gradients. Speeds 4 & 5 are more for smooth flat surfaces with plenty of braking room - braking is much more gentle too and you can travel quite a distance before stopping.

Keep the ZX-1 anti tips as you need them for going down ramps.
    Glad it worked for you too. I was very happy using these setting obtained from another long time user. I'll be adjusting turning acceleration down further for 5 to try that. It is very much a test and try to find what suits each driver and the capabilities.
    Just love inventing stuff.

I'm bumping this to see if there is any news about Medicare covering a ZX-1. On the Spinergy website they say that Medicare will cover it, but don't provide any information. I saw on the Max Mobility website that they have HCPCS E0986 for the SmartDrive -- anyone get that covered by Medicare?

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    Spinergy still does not have much information on their website about the ZX-1. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get Medicare to pay for a ZX-1.

I can't even find an HCPCS code it would fit with. The closest I can find is HCPCS E0986 - Manual Wheelchair Accessory, Push Activated Power Assist, but that would be used for something like the SmartDrive or e-Motion wheels.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Please see my post today on your thread about the fellow in Texas.

Just wanted to get some advice with regards to the carbon fibre half round insert inside the clamshell. The lower half of the carbon fibre insert in the clamshell is starting to spin around. It is starting to hit the camber tube when going on and off. I realise that it was glued on but I wonder what my options other than going through Spinergy are? I probably should post a picture but needless to say it is not in the place it was first up.

Quote Originally Posted by takenaback View Post
    Just wanted to get some advice with regards to the carbon fibre half round insert inside the clamshell. The lower half of the carbon fibre insert in the clamshell is starting to spin around. It is starting to hit the camber tube when going on and off. I realise that it was glued on but I wonder what my options other than going through Spinergy are? I probably should post a picture but needless to say it is not in the place it was first up.
    A friend just got a zx1 and had this same question. Please post any solutions. I have not had the problem yet but can see it could happen.