Page 34 of 77 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

Quote Originally Posted by webfoot View Post
    Hi Patrick M and PatT T. - I just received a new ZX1 and I'm trying to dial it in. This thread and your posts are most timely. Is the Quantum PP1 programmer above the correct one for ZX1? Is it an A, B or C model and is that one of those on Ebay?
    Congrats you are going to love it. Yes the PP1 programmer will work. I'm not sure of the difference but I believe the A has less parameter options.

Also, in the attached photo, i assume the blue tape is attached to the cord to the crawlmode sensor connector - am I correct? I noticed when that cord is unconnected the ZX1 moves right along (albeit with jerky tracking). When connected it's speed is reduced to crawl mode which is useless for me. Is there a a legitimate saftey reason for keeping the CM connected?
    Yes its a proximity sensor that, when adjusted properly, triggers an inhibit which reduces overall power to 40% when the users manual wheels are raised more than 1/8" off the ground. Mostly likely never set correctly from the factory and way off if you've changed the configuration for a different size manual wheel. The legitimate reason for having it there if adjusted correctly is to prevent someone for tipping over if they turn abruply while at a fast pace and their manual wheels are raised to high. The manual wheels act as a kind of outrigger since the ZX1 is so narrow. Once you understand that you should never drive fast and make sharp turns with the manual wheels raised up. Then you can get rid of the switch. You should always ride with you manual wheels slightly scrubbing the ground unless going over an obstacle.
    While your at it take those allen head bolts protruding from the armrest crossmember off and toss them in the trash.

Also - my wheel height holes are aligned in a row like coolmobilty's and I too only made the adjustment to the two upper bolts not the front casters or lower two behind the wheel. Am I headed for actuator failure in the near future?
    I don't know for sure if thats enough to do damage. The software does provide a cutoff if too much current goes to the actuator however maybe not enough and they are made with internal limit switches for a reason. There's no reason why the actuator shouldn't be able to go it's full stroke, limit switch to limit switch, without any obstruction.
    If you adjusted the swing arm bolt and the fulcrum bolt down a whole to accommodate 24" wheels then you should raise the front caster wheel one hole which allows the clamshell to open at the proper height so your camber tube can back into it easily.

What brand of tires are those webfoot?

Thank you

Blog Entries
    They were stock from Spinergy at time of original order for extra $200. Qingda Rubber Co. Ltd
    http://www.qindtire.com/en/about.asp

Pat T - Thanks very much for the info.

Yes I think it might be these the third one down. Thank you.

http://www.scootertires4less.com/tir...ubmit10574.y=6

Dang, 200 dollars for a set the runs 34 dollars; that is some markup.

Yeah well they're between 4 &$10us a piece if you're prepared to buy 500 from China. Come up with a great device with a good market, buying power from China or Taiwan in the case of zx1 motors and there's your margin.

Blog Entries
    It is a steep price. I was hoping it would shorten my time spent researching for a suitable tire that fit and making needed adjustments. I entered into the deal with eyes open. I'd rather not comment on anyone's biz plan. Except to say that the two Pats (Idaho and Cali) have enhanced the independent mobility options for many alter-abled people and I hope they are both adequately compensated. They are brothers on wheels and I am grateful they thought outside the box and shared their stuff with the rest of us!

Thanks webfoot! It's always nice to hear that other people like yourself are benefiting from something I built to make my life easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Dang, 200 dollars for a set the runs 34 dollars; that is some markup.
    no sheet hahahaha but you get a whole wheel
    Last edited by Mac85; 07-30-2015 at 02:22 PM.
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Quote Originally Posted by pattherat View Post
    Thanks webfoot! It's always nice to hear that other people like yourself are benefiting from something I built to make my life easier.
    Pat I ordered these batteries, will get them installed today and report back.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/301061081949...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    15 bucks cheaper than amazon
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09