Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

Quote Originally Posted by Domosoyo View Post
    We officially have a snow day from school tomorrow (whoop whoop I work in the same school district my daughter attends) so I hope to speak with someone at Spinergy about programming with the DDT handheld programmer. I don't have one of these and they were looking for a dealer in my area to do this step. IDK, I'm looking at the directions and it doesn't seem to be difficult at all.
    Just curious about your interest in programming the new zx1. Is it due to safety issues of a child using it? Would it make any sense while waiting for a programmer, to hook up the empty wheelchair with zx1, then carefully try each speed? I definitely mean carefully. My zx1 was a tad too fast in lowest speed (one green dot). I was able to have my DME guy bring out power chair programmers and one of them did the job. However, my slowest speed, IMO is too fast for a child.

Quote Originally Posted by mxracer86 View Post
    I drive from my power chair with hand controls... Would I be able to use the ZX-1 with a Tilite TRA and EZ Lock?
    I'm already worried about this! I'm thinking: does your current power chair have tall back to protect your head? I can transfer, but must bungee cord my tilite which is sitting there attached to zx1, because the unit is "squirrelly" while I'm driving and will move out of the exact spot I need it for transfer back to it.
    It's hard to imagine a safe, secure tie down/driver-safe set up with wheelchair and zx1.
    I'm still trying to figure out if I can get hooked up on my tie downs in the back of my full size van, if I need to be a passenger while in zx1.

triumph,

Regarding "Is that offered by a dealer? Who?" - Wheelchair Cushion Sage

Pssst, there is no TRA any longer. The adjustable version of the TR was discontinued some time back. And the TR, current model being the TR3, IS a box frame. Its not the same box frame as say an Aero R. And the TR3 has curving of the bottom frame that the TR2 didn't have, so those are issues with attaching things to the bottom frame.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

triumph---The programming is based on instructions I received from Spinergy for the lithium batteries. First the ZX-1 arrived...and the batteries were sent separately. I contacted Spinergy for instructions and received a PDF of the battery hook up via email. The last step of the instructions is programming via DDT. They are looking for a dealer to do this programming for me BUT I thought I might be able to do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    triumph,

Regarding "Is that offered by a dealer? Who?" - Wheelchair Cushion Sage
    Thanks! I'll pass that along. I've had several folks ask about where to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Domosoyo View Post
    triumph---The programming is based on instructions I received from Spinergy for the lithium batteries. First the ZX-1 arrived...and the batteries were sent separately. I contacted Spinergy for instructions and received a PDF of the battery hook up via email. The last step of the instructions is programming via DDT. They are looking for a dealer to do this programming for me BUT I thought I might be able to do it myself.
    Thanks! One friend of mine is awaiting an order of zx1, but at the time of ordering he was told lithium batteries were only going on overseas purchases. I have hooked him up with a good DME who does home visits and will let him know of your experience. The lithium batteries are the way to go, for sure. I hope to get them for Spring when I'll start getting out more.

Regarding "... ZX-1 ... batteries were sent separately." - the Spinergy company has just received regulatory approval to ship Li-ion batteries with the ZX-1. Thus, future ZX-1 orders can receive Li-ion batteries directly from Spinergy (i.e., there is no longer a need for a separate Li-ion battery shipment).

So pleased with my snow tires on zx1. Went to restaurant yesterday and had to park near a snow bank with room for our van lift. Got out and traveled over several patches of 1/2" thick ice to entrance. No slipping at all.

Yesterday got email from Spinergy company stating availability of snow tires, lithium batteries, and storage box, I believe for airline travel with zx1.