Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

I drive from my power chair with hand controls... Would I be able to use the ZX-1 with a Tilite TRA and EZ Lock?

We are just about up and running with our new ZX-1 with lithium batteries. Just waiting to hear back on how to program the controller but I have a feeling this was done before it shipped but will wait to have that confirmed. Daughter can't wait to try it out! I can see how a more rugged tire for snow would be useful. For now, we will just use it in dry conditions.

mxracer86--I think your whole driving system and the EZ lock would all need to be re-adjusted to the TiLite. We don't have hand controls for our daughter yet though so what do I know.

I would contact Spinergy and see if they can tell you about compatibility with the ZX-1. Possibly there is an existing power chair bracket that would work.

You may also want to make sure the EZ Lock will work with the TRA when not suing the ZX-1. I don't see it listed at: http://www.ezlock.net/compatibility.php. Someone on this forum said they knew someone who used an EZ Lock with a TRA. See Need a chair that will work w/ an EZ-lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by mxracer86 View Post
    I drive from my power chair with hand controls... Would I be able to use the ZX-1 with a Tilite TRA and EZ Lock?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Looking forward to hearing how your daughter likes it. I'd also like hearing your take on the lithium batteries. If you find out the information for the program settings with the lithium controller, I would really appreciate you posting them. We maybe be getting them soon and I would want to know what they should be set at by default.

Added: This post shows what Spinergy provided us as the default settings for the VR2 with the lead acid batteries #57. I have no idea if it would be different for the lithium batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Domosoyo View Post
    We are just about up and running with our new ZX-1 with lithium batteries. Just waiting to hear back on how to program the controller but I have a feeling this was done before it shipped but will wait to have that confirmed. Daughter can't wait to try it out! I can see how a more rugged tire for snow would be useful. For now, we will just use it in dry conditions.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by mxracer86 View Post
    As I see it the bracket, if it fit, would compete for space with the ZX-1.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

We officially have a snow day from school tomorrow (whoop whoop I work in the same school district my daughter attends) so I hope to speak with someone at Spinergy about programming with the DDT handheld programmer. I don't have one of these and they were looking for a dealer in my area to do this step. IDK, I'm looking at the directions and it doesn't seem to be difficult at all.

I see in your post (#57) that you had a dealer come with the DDT programmer. Shoot, I was hoping I could just get ahold of one of these things and I see that is not going to happen because it is pre-loaded.

Domosoyo, I talked to PG Drives Technology in the UK about purchasing a PP1 Programmer or Mobility PC Programmer and interface cable about 1.5 years ago. I was told at the time that the cheapest most flexible option is to go with the Mobility PC Programmer (PCPb OEM Version D50145) and interface cable and was told it is 153.00 GBP (178 Euro / $228 US dollar) give or take shipping, etc.

I had not asked about the DDT Programmer, because I don't think it was available at that time. My guess is that the DDT Programmer will be more expensive because it is a complete device, where as the Mobility PC Programmer is just software and a cable.

The DDT was very easy to use, and as long as you have the settings from Spinergy you should be able to do it easily. I don't think you can see every setting, but you can see most of them. This is the brochure for the that shows how it works Diagnostic Test Tool Brochure (DDT). Unfortunately you can not get the manual without having a login.

There is also someone on e-Bay who rents a PP1 Programmer for $59 per week. You can also contact dealers who service Pride or Quickie power chairs, as many of them have the programmers.

I posted some information about programming on our website: ZX-1 Joystick Programming.

Quote Originally Posted by Domosoyo View Post
    I see in your post (#57) that you had a dealer come with the DDT programmer. Shoot, I was hoping I could just get ahold of one of these things and I see that is not going to happen because it is pre-loaded.

I think Nonoise has a very good point. I've never even seen an EZ Lock setup, so this is only conjecture from looking at pictures and what I have read about the interface bracket. Maybe someone else who has one configured can tell you more.

For both manual and power chairs it needs to have a minimum of 3 inches ground clearance the entire length of the wheelchair. See these documents on the EZ Lock website: MANUAL WHEELCHAIR WORKSHEET and PRODUCT GUIDE AND COMPATIBILITY CHART.

If you were attaching to a manual chair using an "H" interface bracket, it looks like you need a box frame like the TiLite Aero R or folding chair like the TiLite TX or 2GX, not an open frame chair like the TRA. The only one that has a camber tube as needed for the ZX-1 is the Aero R. Even with that, I don't see where you could attach the "H" bracket so that it does not interfere with attaching the ZX-1.

If you were attaching under the ZX-1 with a power chair bracket, I don't see where you could attach it to on the ZX-1. Even if you could find a way to attach it, I don't think there is enough clearance for the drop pin. Under the "girdle" thing that is beneath the actuator in front there is only 1". Under the motors in the back there is only 2.25".

Here is a picture of the underside of the ZX-1 showing the ground clearance:
    Name:  2014 10 28_4319 ground clearance.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  133.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    As I see it the bracket, if it fit, would compete for space with the ZX-1.
    Last edited by elarson; 01-07-2015 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    Regarding "... the zx1 ... I would even suggest to some folks to take out a bank loan ..." -
    before the bank loan approach is pursued, there is a six-month payment alternative that is interest-free.
    Is that offered by a dealer? Who? I'd like to share info with someone.
    Thanks!