Page 25 of 77 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575 ... LastLast

Thread: ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

Glad you got the lithium batteries sorted Triumph. About keeping the wheels low, this is something Pat the inventor also recommends for stability. We keep our just scrubbing the ground.

To see if the clamshell is closed, you may want to try to place a mirror in front or behind you. The weight of you not in the chair will make a difference when raising and lowering.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Yes, tried a full length mirror and couldn't see too well. Will try hand held mirror. I'm still getting used to this, but it sure is a good way to insure your tires are scrubbing the floor!
    Also heard a loud beep from my zx1 the other day - the lithium batteries gave me a warning that they were shutting off. I had been visiting and had not turned off the power and after a few minutes it was done for me! This feature was not on my original batteries.

Recently had to adjust left wheelchair wheel as it was practically sitting on floor while in zx1 instead of 'scrubbing' - there was a lot of play in the wheel and we had to work on nut on axle bar of wheelchair - found both sides very loose.

For more info see my post under Equipment.

I put a bit of locktite on the wheel axles to help keep the nuts tighter. They do come loose rom time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    Yes, tried a full length mirror and couldn't see too well. Will try hand held mirror. I'm still getting used to this, but it sure is a good way to insure your tires are scrubbing the floor!
    Also heard a loud beep from my zx1 the other day - the lithium batteries gave me a warning that they were shutting off. I had been visiting and had not turned off the power and after a few minutes it was done for me! This feature was not on my original batteries.
    just spin the wheels when you are locked and raised at the top and lower yourself down, once they stop spinning you know you're all set...
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Thanks for suggestions!! Also plan to check air in zx1 tires, although I don't know if that's a factor.

The actuator on the ZX1 is 12 VDC but the batteries connected in series mean the power module is 24 VDC. Excuse my ignorance but isn't this going to cause a problem?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    Thanks for suggestions!! Also plan to check air in zx1 tires, although I don't know if that's a factor.
    it is i believe they should be 40psi the psi limit is on the inside of the tire i think
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

I'm a new TX-1 Lithium user (as of last Friday) and still working on some bugs like old program still in controller, so no crawl mode when BMS kicks in. Just stops and no more go till I connected charger or briefly disconnected battery terminal to reboot. Dealer and Spinergy are sorting that out - I hope. I bought the knobby tires too, so grass is my friend, not enemy now. Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum.

I'm a complete C5-C6 quad since 1977, this will be my first powered chair although I've designed them myself previously. Drive an Audi A3 hatch after many Saab 900 cars, but transfers are getting harder as I get older.

I've learnt a lot from this forum and will have more to say as appropriate.
    Last edited by coolmobility; 06-30-2015 at 03:23 AM.
    Just love inventing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by takenaback View Post
    The actuator on the ZX1 is 12 VDC but the batteries connected in series mean the power module is 24 VDC. Excuse my ignorance but isn't this going to cause a problem?

Cheers
    Hi takenaback,
    The output for the linear actuator, like the lights in the dual output VR2 model gives a 12V output, if my memory serves me correctly, in the same way that the brake can be 12V/24V rated. It depends upon what is ordered in the controller by the OEM. Worth checking with a Voltmeter though, before playing. Linear drive needs end stops too, so not just any cheap on will do. For details of the VR2 Controller, see http://sunrise.pgdrivestechnology.co...SK77898-03.pdf This technical document also explains the various Setting Parameters for your speed, braking, acceleration and deceleration in forward, revers or turning

Just to introduce myself, I'm a recent ZX-1 owner - as of last Friday - and been busy collecting ZX-1 stuff. C5-C6 quad since 1977, living in SE Australia.

I have the latest manual released from Spynergy, because the one supplied with machine was 2013 and not relevant to Lithium options, but this is.

Colin.

Z100080 ZX-1 Operators Manual Rev.6a.pdf

Hope you find this useful/

Just love inventing stuff.