Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1050515253545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

Got photos to work. Loaded A free resizer app onto my iPhone
    The display toggles between battery voltage and current and goes up to 100 A. I installed a Killswitch down on the right side by the bracket for the arm rest. I can reach this while I am in the chair so I can reboot if I have to.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by pfcs49; 09-08-2018 at 09:30 PM.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

ZX-1 very slow

I'm hoping I can get some input. My husband's ZX-1 seems to work fine indoors, but when we go outdoors it seems to slow down considerably. I don't think it's quite the same as when it goes into crawl mode, but it is very slow.

The speed/crawl LED indicator is flashing once slowly, regardless what speed we are in. I'm thinking that it has something to do with the actuator. If I lower and raise the actuator it's okay again.

Note: It never did this until we took the ZX-1 on a flight and I had to disconnect the lithium batteries. I checked and rechecked the connections, and do not see/feel anything that is loose.
    Last edited by elarson; 09-17-2018 at 05:15 AM.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Just wondering if you checked the little lever that lets one "free wheel" as it may have been bumped when traveling. I mean the lever at the front right under the zx1 that lets you roll the zx1 when power is out. Maybe it's slightly off.
    Please let us know whatever solution you find.

i unplugged my proximety sensor day 1.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

This is interesting. Are you implying that a proximity sensor could be picking up a signal, for example from the automatic doors in our building? Where is the proximity sensor on the ZX-1 and what is it's function?

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    i unplugged my proximety sensor day 1.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

mine is unplugged too.
    The proximity sensor detects the height or the camber bar when the ZX-1 is docked. If you try to roll when you are too high, the ZX allows you only the crawl mode.
    It is located on the top bracket of the Clamshell, on the right when you're in front of the device (I search for a pict?)
    IMHO, it is set to detect the arm of the clamshell when it's close, and it cannot detect anything else. But maybe it is loose ? Check it.

have a look here : http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...-thread/page48
    Last edited by robotnik; 09-17-2018 at 02:56 PM.
    C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
    my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
    Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

Thank you Robotnik. I completely forgot about if the actuator went too high that it slowed down. It happened with us at the beginning, but not again until recently. I tightened up the proximity sensor and also made sure I did not take it too high and it seems to be fine. I think the tires were also a bit too low and that caused me to raise it higher than usual. What was so odd was how random it seemed to be. Hopefully it won't happen again, but now I know why.

I don't really mind having the proximity sensor on it if helps to make sure we don't take it too high. Is there a reason you and others have removed yours? I know that Pat mentioned it, but he did not give a reason.
    Last edited by elarson; 09-17-2018 at 05:35 PM.

I'm making progress with my new-to-me ZX-1. The mechanical adjustments for it to fit my chair are nearly complete.

It's set for 24" wheels now, instead of 26". ZRa anti-tips were in the way and were removed. I had done without these for several years but reinstalled them last winter when I began having sudden severe spasms. Those spasms have moderated some and I think I can do without the anti-tips. ZX-1 Anti-tilts removed. It seemed easier than modifying their width. ZX-1 CG adjusted to match ZRa CG but then armrests interfered with my ZRa backrest release bar. Problem solved by moving ZX-1 armrest bracket back by 0.5", one hole. New AGM batteries received and installed.

Current problem:
    The speed increase/decrease buttons change the speed/crawl LED indicator but seem to do nothing else. There is no discernable difference between highest speed/crawl setting and the slowest. The ZX-1 operates well but at too much speed for close quarters, at least for a new user. Connecting the proximity sensor or not seems to have no effect. Could I have mis-wired something?

I'm happy to see your problem is solved Elarson. I removed the proximity sensor because I was rolling with big tires on my chair last year (24"x2.35) and was in search of a better range in height setting.
    It can be interesting to choose yourself the height, without the limitation Spinergy has calculated (in rough terrain, the ZX-1 is a lot more efficient if your wheelchair back wheels don't drag at any time)

@Endo : Maybe you should reset your joystick parameters using the VR2 ? It would be a great opportunity to go with non-proportional settings, wich is a nice improvement in driving ease…
    I don't know if you can reset it to factory settings and how to. IMHO when the joystick is plugged, you're done !
    C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
    my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
    Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

Quote Originally Posted by robotnik View Post
    mine is unplugged too.
    The proximity sensor detects the height or the camber bar when the ZX-1 is docked. If you try to roll when you are too high, the ZX allows you only the crawl mode.
    It is located on the top bracket of the Clamshell, on the right when you're in front of the device (I search for a pict?)
    IMHO, it is set to detect the arm of the clamshell when it's close, and it cannot detect anything else. But maybe it is loose ? Check it.

have a look here : http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...-thread/page48
    it kept putting me in crawl mode. the stop bolts stop you from going to high.

@endo, sounds like it has been programmed like that. needs reprogrammed likely.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer