Page 30 of 78 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

Mine does the same Mac, as you can read below. Really frustrating. I'm planning on taking it in tomorrow, I hope, to see if it worked out. Mine goes about that far and then, rapidly drops to one flashing light. As soon as it starts dropping, it goes into a crawl mode. You're using the same batteries I am. I just hope it's not a short in one of the motors.

Well, went to the Lions Warehouse to see if their electronics guy could figure it out. About all he could do was confirm the batteries are good under load. He the joystick apart to see if there were any crossed wires etc.; no crossed wires etc.

Not sure whether to just buy a new control,module and harness and be done with it. Course I'd have to buy a programmer also. I wonder if it is a software glich or?

Looking up the UBI 1250 batteries, they seem to be the battery of choice for replacement scooter batteries. Came home and did the run test again up my sidewalk and back; same result. So frustrating.

mine doesnt go in crawl mode, once I turn it off again i get all yellow dots back
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    ...clip... I wonder if it is a software glich or? ...clip...
    Doesn't it start out fine and then fail? If so it is not likely software, your motors, or probably not even a short. It sounds to me like a weak component likely on a printed circuit board if it repeatedly starts good and then goes bad.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Yep, starts out fine then goes south once the green lights start dropping. I noticed there is a printed circuit board in the controller when he took it apart. Perhaps I should start by just replacing it as once the lights start dropping and I turn it off and back on the lights will get dimmer when I push the throttle. They don't when I activate the clamshell.

Mac, mine did the same at first. Once your yellow dots reappear, how long before they start dropping again?

My ZX-1 recently started doing something annoying. If I switch to the setting that moves that clamp actuator and push it all the way down then the clamp wont come back up, it just sits and whines. If I then pull the ZX1 so that all the weight is on the front frogs leg wheel and jiggle it, the motor will catch and it will resume going up and down correctly again. I now have to remember not to let the clamp go all the way down or it gets stuck. Has anyone else experienced this and if so is it correctable?

I suspect your linear actuator is on the way out. Probably not the news you want to hear but I have gone through two of these. They cop a fair bit of pressure but one of the things that has always concerned me is that they don't reach their limit switch fully extended (clamshell shut). In other words you can keep the clamshell closing until you hear a beep which is not the limit switch. Spinergy are looking into a 24 V higher poundage actuator from progressiveautomations instead of the 12 V Firgelli actuator currently being used. The VR2 is 24 V so obviously this means the 12 V actuators are spinning twice as fast as designed. I have racked up a lot of miles with my ZX1 so I have experienced quite a few problems but not all of the ones previously mentioned. After my actuators started getting stuck, whining and moaning it was very shortly after they failed.

Yep, starts out fine then goes south once the green lights start dropping. I noticed there is a printed circuit board in the controller when he took it apart. Perhaps I should start by just replacing it as once the lights start dropping and I turn it off and back on the lights will get dimmer when I push the throttle. They don't when I activate the clamshell.

Mac, mine did the same at first. Once your yellow dots reappear, how long before they start dropping again?
    Patrick, this non-profit has been advertising on Craigslist for as long as I know http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/had/5124764777.html. They do not take insurance. They are cash, check, credit card only, which in my mind is a good thing. You could call, opps, write them and start to feel them out, getting their phone number so you can get a better idea if it would be worth a trip or not. I suspect they may be able to solve your issue but the 14.75 volt claim needs verification.

edit: did some reading, 14.4 is fine right after charging as Cool noted below. http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...asp?tid=124806
    Last edited by nonoise; 07-24-2015 at 02:52 AM.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Thanks, I think a few of the guys up here went there. It was somewhere where they rebuilt powerchairs. I'm really surprised this is such a mystery. The Lions used a good meter with a good load ability, so they should be good. The dimming lights when pushing the throttle is something that makes me question it's a battery issue.

Is it the controller or the module that needs programming?

...clip...Is it the controller or the module that needs programming?
    Programming you say? Did this start immediately after you reprogrammed it? If so, you probably don't have much of a problem. There may be a way to reset it back to "factory". I believe the programming is in the controller. That's how brushless works anyway. There is another part that could be giving you fits. It's the "Battery Management System". I didn't think lead acid used them, but I have seen reference to them in these ZX1 threads. I guess what it does it keeps one battery from draining the other, and maybe keeping them in balance, but being in line with the rest of it, it is also a trouble spot.

If the non-profit rebuilds powerchairs, they probably can trouble shoot your ZX1.