Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

Sounds like you'll need to make a couple of extensions to extend it back some. I'll take a few photos of mine and send them to you.

thx pat.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I must say I'm incredibly impressed with this ZX-1. It has ton of power and is stupid easy to dock/undock........
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

yeah well let me try I can figure out a way to screw it up

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    I must say I'm incredibly impressed with this ZX-1. It has ton of power and is stupid easy to dock/undock........
    It'll do about 6mph if you reprogram it. Spinergy reduces it to around 4mph. Plenty of torque too. I can hop a 3" curb fairly easily.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post

john you got any videos on that badboy
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

I have the programmer. any pointers on maximizing the potential when reprogramming?
    Quote Originally Posted by pattherat View Post
    It'll do about 6mph if you reprogram it. Spinergy reduces it to around 4mph. Plenty of torque too. I can hop a 3" curb fairly easily.
    keep an eye on my QUAD ELITE channel more vids coming soon
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    john you got any videos on that badboy
    this would be great for you Vicky shoot me a note for more info, love to get you in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    yeah well let me try I can figure out a way to screw it up
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

My shoulders needed a break today so i used the Spinergy - Wheelchair ZX-1 all day while out appliance shopping........ Now i'm ready and fresh for a 30 mile Stricker ride tomorrow.
    Power on DEMAND!

Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Nice video! Got my zx1 about 4 years ago and love it. My shoulders are pretty wasted after decades of Polio paralysis. The "lightbulb" moment for me 3 years ago was when hubby (T10 para) and I went to meet friends at a restaurant. The parking lot was pretty sloped and with me in my manual chair I had to grab onto the back of his wheelchair to be towed to the entrance. Felt pretty stupid for me and for extra work for him. Ordered zx1 shortly after.
    I had already given up race chair, then handcycling; stay very active, using my zx1 scooter whenever I leave the house. If I have a rough shoulder day I use it indoors.
    I've gotten so many helpful tips on zx1 use at this site.

Agree with Triumph, nice video. I've got first edition Smart Drive but hasn't worked out the way I'd hoped. I don't use it as much as I thought. ZX-1 looks like it would be nice for popping on and off chair. Looks like it would be nice for getting up and down minivan ramp and also getting around all the places ( my house) without modifying environment and techniques I use with manual chair. Thanks for posting.