Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

My Wattmeter is saying 45 wh or vt, too blind to read the thing. Do you know the minimum range before a 48x20ah lithium starts to shutdown. I'd like to get another ride in waiting for a replacement three pin connector. Will have to wait til Monday to order and wait as it's coming from Pa. If I want to go thru where I bought it. Or are they common enough that I could buy locally in Bellingham?

They do light up the sky when shorted out lol. Mine seems to be okay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    My Wattmeter is saying 45 wh or vt, too blind to read the thing. Do you know the minimum range before a 48x20ah lithium starts to shutdown. I'd like to get another ride in waiting for a replacement three pin connector. Will have to wait til Monday to order and wait as it's coming from Pa. If I want to go thru where I bought it. Or are they common enough that I could buy locally in Bellingham?

They do light up the sky when shorted out lol. Mine seems to be okay too.
    They cut out by minimum reserve voltage, which I do not know what it is. However full charge is 54.6 V or so and you can deplete it below 48 V.
    Since it's a 48 V you should be able to get another at an e-bike store locally. Take with you to be sure to match the wire arrangement. Your source says the plugs are not all alike. Get the same Amp and volt rating too. (Amps probably could be less, would take longer to charge.) The output voltage on yours is marked on it's side or somewhere. Get the same.

Another topic involves charging less than full prolongs battery life. This might be an opportunity depending on your charger voltages.
    Last edited by nonoise; 08-13-2017 at 03:31 AM.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Thanks, I'll just order thru where I bought the battery. Then no mix up. So much to learn...

Thanks, I'll just order thru where I bought the battery. Then no mix up. So much to learn...
    Back to the source is safest.
    I think the connectors are just plus, minus and blank. I have not bothered to check them on either of mine.
    The third might be a sensor to detect battery charge, but some don't have three wires.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I noticed depending which battery you have, there are three different chargers at your source, 2amp, 3amp and 4amp corresponding to the AH capacity of the battery. Just a heads up. Like I said I think it's fine to get a lessor amp than the original but not more.

Looking at the receipt for the battery, 48v20ah Li-on with a 54.6V4A charger. Probably means a 4 amp charger.

Looking at the receipt for the battery, 48v20ah Li-on with a 54.6V4A charger. Probably means a 4 amp charger.
    Yes your receipt says you bought the best most powerful they have. I'd still check the side of your charger to be sure you got what you paid for.
    BTW your powerpod has the overriding Low Voltage Cutoff, LVC. You might poke around the controller for that info, LVC=xxx.

got my zx-1, what a little beast, loving it. still working on getting the antitip off my backrest a few inches. we moved the armrest and bracket back to rear most holes still need more. thoughts?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

How far forward is the cog on your chair? Mine was at 3 1/2" so Pat made some extension to push the unit further back. Was easy to make. You may want to try it without the anti tips. The armrests will drop going down a van ramp but you have a lift. Most of us don't use the anti tips.

How far forward is the cog on your chair? Mine was at 3 1/2" so Pat made some extension to push the unit further back. Was easy to make. You may want to try it without the anti tips. The armrests will drop going down a van ramp but you have a lift. Most of us don't use the anti tips.
    3.5 tr3 pat.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer