Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoes for Quads

Shoes for Quads

I've had problems finding a shoe that is comfortable and won't cause sores. Right now I'm wearing uniboots, and as I get closer to graduation and figuring out my business attire I hope I can find something suitable and preventive for my feet. I was seeing a foot doctor who fitted me for a nice wide expandable shoes for $175 but even those cause discomfort from autonomic (dyserflexia)(?) Has anyone resolved an issue similar to this? I'm a size 13, I'm 6'4 so I deal with a lot of swelling. I have a history of getting sores on heel, for past 6 months I've cushioned the metal footrest on my c400 permobile.

No Title

At the risk of mentioning Uggs on this site that has been plagued by Uggs spam, I have been wearing Uggs Men's Slippers in the Bryon style. They come in brown leather, and brown suede. I wear them with dress socks and they are pretty passable for a casual/dress shoe. I was having a problem with a sore on top of my big toe due to a sharp bony area and thinning skin. That area has finally healed very well. My feet swell too, and I don't notice any shoe marks with these shoes (slippers). Do an internet search. You can mail order them from several stores. Prices don't vary much, so go for some one who will ship free.

All the best,
    GJ

I have trouble too with finding shoes due to swelling. Slippers and sandals like tivas are the only ones that fit. Slippers however fall off easily during transfers. And for winter here I really would like to wear something warmer like boots. I have yet to find any women's boots that will fit me now. I am thinking of looking into men's boots but would like to find something stylish. lately I have been wearing just socks but those do not protect my feet nor do they keep them warm enough now.

Simplicity try Maryland Square online. They are part of a 3 catalog group that specializes in sizes AA through EEE and carry Easy Spirit short boots when in style, dress and casual shoes, slippers and boots by many makers.

Uggs are great but are rarely seen in anything but medium width for Emen or women.

For men and women with serious shoe problems try talking to the nearest Mephisto shoe expert or go for Clarks. The prices in this area are high but you will get an expert in feet making or tailoring your shoes or more support in Clarks than you'll find elsewhere.

You might try Naots. Made in Israel, these come in sizes for both men and women as well as a variety of styles from sandals to boots. I liked the look of some of these before I learned many of the shoes are designed for individuals who need orthotics. Even when orthotics are not needed, many of the shoes have wider than normal foot beds and toe boxes. It allows for swelling. Naots also come in various widths. Naots can be pricier than many other brands, but should last us a lifetime.

I have been wearing these for a couple of years now and I find they can pass as reasonably good shoes when the occasion requires. I had much trouble fitting feet into regular shoes without causing pressure, the only downside to these is the biggest shoe is not that huge and I am taking the largest.

http://www.ugglies.com.au/sheepskin-...ct-ugg-002.htm

Anyway this is my choice for the moment and I know it is on the other side of the world but it makes little difference these days.

Hope this helps.

If you are getting sores and AD it is likely due to too much pressure. Try to adjust the footrest height to a point where your shoe soles are barely touching the footrests. I have known this to work for at least a couple of people. I keep mine that way. I have never had a problem with any kind of shoes. I just get them a half size bigger than they need to be.

Looks like you have a variety of options to look into.
    CKF

A good site for finding real UGGs is www.uggaustralia.com that lists stores in different countries that carry them, how to avoid counterfeits and in 5 days a new customization program they are advertising now. In the US Macy's, Nordstroms and Zappos.com carry them. You really should try them on though before buying. Some stores may not carry the model you need or the width. For women if you need a wide forget all Nordstrom stores for all brands.

I wear Crocs, they don't stay on the greatest, but are roomy and light, have good cushioning and protect your feet. The faux leather ones are dressy enough for work too. Unless you wear a suit to work that is.