Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quads who Cook

I like spicy dishes but like to taste all of the flavors so if it's too hot it isn't enjoyable. Allyhigh where is chamarro? Your recipe looks good. I am interested in hearing more about your country cuisine and what you prepare. I think spices are the magic of cooking.

i love me some extra hot dishes, like hot pepper n wasabi!! chamorro's are the native people of guam, its an island in the Micronesia part of the pacific ocean. its a very warm and humid tropical island with the best tasting fruits vegetables roots and meats. many of our delicacies are cooked in coconut milk and we catch/raise meat for the most fine dishes. kadu' mannok fresco is one of my favorites. its fresh raise chicken cooked in coconut milk with taro or da'gu.

i love to cook, especially curries!! easy to do, and they only take about 30min or less from start to finish.

knives used to be an issue until a bf at the time gave me a quality santoku knife from japan. i suggest any person that wants to cook and do it well to invest the money in a proper knife and whet stone to sharpen it. ever since then i do not struggle with chopping, the blade glides through with zero effort on my part. so yea. to sharpen i just use the tiny black binder clips to keep the angle and use some wooden blocks to make a proper set up. takes about 10min to sharpen.

other than the knife i use a mandolin and an immersion blender as tools. i use flat bottomed pans as they heat faster and are super light, never use nonstick. and... a mini food processor to make the paste for indian curries.

i only use bowls tho as i don't like plates unless i have company over.

Crypticgimp, could you please share some of your curry recipes?

What do you slice with your mandolin? I would love to find an easy way to make long slices of eggplant so that they can be stuffed and rolled [eggplant parmegsan rolls].

i only cook for my self and cant grasp a knife so i don't waste my time slicing n chopping. all meats are cut/diced up in a deep bowl with sheers. simply cut meat in half n stack em on each other n go crazy chopping keeping the sheers touching the bottom of the bowl and rotating/turn meat as you chop. i grind, chop and crush every thing with my teeth, its a breeze and adds saliva that jumps starts the digestion process. that right my meals are predigested. heh,heh,heh.

-flat bamboo spoon i call my special spoon because its a "flat spoon" and everything is special to me
    -copper infused skillet and 4 qt. pot by chantal
    -counter top toaster oven w/ convection
    -commercial grade baking pan
    -pair of german sheers

The Sanduko knife sounds awesome. I would love to find a great knife for chopping with minimul effort.

Crypticgimp, what are your favorite curry spices/pastes?

Yesterday I made a very easy amazing dish in my crock pot slow cooker. Carnitas or Mexican pulled pork. It was succulent and delicious. We served it with mexican rice, black beans and warm soft tortillas. I think the slow cooker is a very good way to cook for quads or anyone wanting an easier one pot approach. I just made a nice rub of spices and coated a pork butt, let it set overnight in the frig. Put a couple of bay leaves in the crock pot, then the pork butt. Then carefully poured 2 cups of chicken broth on the sides (not on the pork). Cooked it all day. The meat falls apart so easily with just a fork. A very tasty easy way to cook.