Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't upload photos

Can't upload photos

I was told by a post in my thread (equipment and services) that my photos wouldn't open. I deleted the photos hoping to try again.

The jpg sizes was too large so looked for the resize photo button like in the old format. Couldn't find any. Went back to try to add them as jpg.zips abd a flashup came up saying they were invalid. They were valid before.

Not liking this new format at all. No new posts button etc. Making me back away from CC for sure.

Blog Entries
    Right at the top of the home page, try clicking on New Topics.

I changed the Jpeg jpg file size limit to 8000 x 8000 pixels. That should be enough for most pictures. I am going to try one to see.

[SIZE=13px]Here are instructions on how to add attachments and how to display them on posts. It is different from the past. [/SIZE]
    1. At the top of the text entry box, there are three icons. One is an underlined A. The second is a smiley face. The third is an attachment icon (a sheet of paper with a paper clip).
    2. To attach a picture, click the attachment icon. This will open up a window with two buttons (Upload Attachments) and (Upload from URL). If you select the former, it will open a window for you to select a file from your disk.
    3. If the file is acceptable, a small box on the top of the window will say "Working". Wait until that stops. You will see an avatar of the file that you have uploaded with links for Insert, Insert Image, and Remove. If you press Insert, the program will insert a BB command code for the file to show in your post. If you press Insert Image, the program will insert a BB command code for putting the image. You can copy and paste that command to different parts of the post for where the picture will be displayed.

Wise.

Also, if you want to resize photos on your computer, you can always use this site: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

(KLD)

Seems to have worked after I downsized using photoshrink. Thanks.

O so sweet I did have to resize the picture to make it work. Its a good idea to figure out how to resize pictures on your computer, after all its kind of rude to email large pictures anyway. PS I;m an old fart and not a computer nerd. All though in this new sitting life, being a computer nerd would come in damn handy.

Wise - thanks for the explanation on embedding photos.... Tried it in What Workout DId you Do Today? - pictures from the Colorado River Trip down the Grand Canyon - it works.....

Wise, Steven, Jim et al.

The three icons you refer to appear as blank buttons when using Google Chrome (at least with Windows 8). They can only be identified by mousing over them. They are very important icons indeed.

Blog Entries
    SCI_OTR, et al, I see 4 icons (Safari, iOS7). A camera, 2 links of a chain, piece of paper with clip, and smiley face. (Uploading photo, inserting hyperlink, adding attachment, and emoticons)