Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well Done On The New Website

Well Done On The New Website

This update was well overdue, and is looking great!

Well done to all involved, good job!

Simon :)

Blog Entries
    Yep, I like it too! I am assuming that there are some tweaks that need to be made, like the avatars showing up. I really like having the Editing tools all right here at my fingertips. Kudos to Stephen Edwards & company...

Yes, the new site looks great. Waiting to see the Care Cure Community Masthead.

All the best,
    GJ

Unfortunately, the Mobile interface takes a minute to open a thread and I can not get to the most recent posts, if there are more than one page. The screen just blinks and goes back to the forum list. I'm in web development and understand how things work. Also have good service and smartphone. Since I'm rarely on the laptop, I won't be able to visit very often but will check in to see how things look from there. Will also look for things to get ironed out on the mobile side. It's a monstrous job to overhaul a website and I appreciate the effort.

Blog Entries
    Works OK for me, using an iPhone and Safari. Quite a different process to navigate around but it does work.

i thought the old web- site was ok

Trying to think of something to post that is really controversial (I usually don't have to work at thinking about something, I just bumble into it), just to see if we can rally some interest here. Where is everybody?

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by skeaman
    i thought the old web- site was ok
    I agree, other than the spam issue the old site was wonderful, this seems a pale imitation.

Don't like it!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I would have hoped this site meant more to people living with SCI than what it looked like. I didn't find this place searching for an aesthetic. I didn't stay because it felt "homey" or "inviting". This site is an unparalleled resource, and treasure trove of information, for people living with, and those affected by, spinal cord injury. Be it in whatever form, that hasn't changed. The upgrade will shake out, the bugs will be fixed, and the site will be better for it. This is progress. One step at a time. With as much as some people pour into making this site happen, in time, effort, and money vs those who simply take from it, I just don't understand all the negativity. It's down right disrespectful of those who have, and are, meaningfully contributing.