Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fml

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    I used to constantly complain on here, not thinking it could get better. But it does. Set some goals. I finally finished 24th grade (earned my PhD) this year.
    Congrats that's a great accomplishment

Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    Trust me, I know how you feel. I'm a few years older than you. I've started/stopped school a few times. Worked post-sci. Moved cross country to find out only 8 of my credits transferred over. Started over.

What do you need that you don't have? There is a lot of help out there for pwd in my experience if you are motivated. Often people don't know about it though or who to ask for help. I've had to beg, borrow, and save for things I need/want. There are grants, scholarships, and other help out there for school and equipment. I've heard "NO" so many times. You just keep asking and appealing. Eventually you ask the right person and someone says "YES".

My best advice or what I've done is invest in your health and education. Exercise to keep healthy and finish that degree so you are employable. Find a job with excellent benefits.

I'll pm you because some things I don't want to say on here. But trust me I'm ALWAYS on the computer researching for grants/scholarships etc. There really aren't as many as people may think and they all have different requirements. Some are only for athletes some for veterans some are only for people who live in the state in which the foundation is located. Some only fund therapy and not durable medical equipment. So when you nail it down to the ones you qualify for there really aren't many left. But my main goal right now is trying to get a car so I can work so I can save up to move & go to school in California. I'll explain more in the PM

Quote Originally Posted by SequinScandal View Post
    I'll pm you because some things I don't want to say on here. But trust me I'm ALWAYS on the computer researching for grants/scholarships etc. There really aren't as many as people may think and they all have different requirements. Some are only for athletes some for veterans some are only for people who live in the state in which the foundation is located. Some only fund therapy and not durable medical equipment. So when you nail it down to the ones you qualify for there really aren't many left. But my main goal right now is trying to get a car so I can work so I can save up to move & go to school in California. I'll explain more in the PM
    Yes, pm me. I've been there or am there right now. I know how frustrating the grant requirements can be. I've spent hours upon hours researching and applying.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

I used to constantly complain on here, not thinking it could get better. But it does. Set some goals. I finally finished 24th grade (earned my PhD) this year.
    Congrats Doctah!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Wonderful to hear this, and congratulations to you.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.