Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fml

i started college in 2001 and this may i graduated (28th anniversary of my sci) many gaps, many setbacks but is still got through it!!! was it in my timeframe? hell no. i even ran out of fin aid and had to work/find scholarships through the rest. zero fin support from family. i truly feel that if you want an education bad enough, you go get it. the only time it is too late to start is when you die.

take the time you need to vent, feel angry, and then reward yourself for having gotten this far. you can do it.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SequinScandal View Post
    I like what I'm majoring in (fashion retail marketing & management). I've always wanted to be a fashion buyer. But there are only so many schools that offer fashion programs and the ones that do are really expensive.

I also at one point really wanted to be an Anesthesiologist, but some careers are just not practical from a wheelchair. I made sure whatever I chose could be done from a chair.

I think lynnifer has it just right. We are all to hard on are selves. And remember part of what you will achieve in life will extend with your daughter. With one part of your life being difficult because of the economy and such the other part can bloom by showing your daughter you don't give up and your in it for her. By showing her your positive with everything you have going against you will make her a better person and give her drive to succeed. You got a lot more going for you then you realize.

I've only been in school since 2008 , stopping, starting, stopping, starting, completely starting all over again, and now at a stop again. I'd much rather work right now.
    I like what I'm majoring in (fashion retail marketing & management). I've always wanted to be a fashion buyer. But there are only so many schools that offer fashion programs and the ones that do are really expensive. .
    Well, I'd say then stick with it and see if some sort of internship program is available at that place...gets your foot in the door, which sounds like is what's needed for that industry. Covers both desires.

What are you trying to start up but don't know how best to approach it?

I used to constantly complain on here, not thinking it could get better. But it does. Set some goals. I finally finished 24th grade (earned my PhD) this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    I used to constantly complain on here, not thinking it could get better. But it does. Set some goals. I finally finished 24th grade (earned my PhD) this year.
    Well hello Dr.! Congrats man!

wow.

Well done, Honcho Man!

Is there an official rant thread? Well if there is I couldn't find it. Anyways, I hate my life now more than ever. June 17th marked the 7 year anniversary of the day my life turned to shit. I'm now 26 years old and what have I accomplished in life thus far? Nothing! How pathetic. I feel so lost I don't even know what to do. I try so hard to get at least one foot in the door but I can't. Always something fucking blocking my way in. I could go on and on but I'll digress. I just felt the need to let everyone know how I was feeling. Spare me the it gets better bs. One can only stay positive for so long. Ok I'm done now for real. Good night!

As a matter of fact there is - here http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...ght=bitch+moan - but I like FML too !!!

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

this now makes you a head honcho! congrats!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

I'm afraid of not being successful. I always think about how further I'd be in life if I didn't have a SCI. I feel like I want to do certain things, but I need a little help in doing those things and I don't have it. I envy people who have super supportive and helpful families. I don't care what anyone says having that makes getting back on your feet a lot easier.
    Trust me, I know how you feel. I'm a few years older than you. I've started/stopped school a few times. Worked post-sci. Moved cross country to find out only 8 of my credits transferred over. Started over.

What do you need that you don't have? There is a lot of help out there for pwd in my experience if you are motivated. Often people don't know about it though or who to ask for help. I've had to beg, borrow, and save for things I need/want. There are grants, scholarships, and other help out there for school and equipment. I've heard "NO" so many times. You just keep asking and appealing. Eventually you ask the right person and someone says "YES".

My best advice or what I've done is invest in your health and education. Exercise to keep healthy and finish that degree so you are employable. Find a job with excellent benefits.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash