Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fml

Quote Originally Posted by SequinScandal View Post
    Ditto, I'm so motivated to do things I just don't know where to start and no one to turn to for help/guidance.
    Whatever you do, it's extremely important that you're sure you're earning useful education. Lots of people are graduating from school, only to find that there are very few jobs in their field.

Health care is going to be in huge demand as people retire and new policies kick in, and some health care careers don't require 4 years of school.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I left home at 18 after being paralyzed at 12. I now have a brother who is actively in my life and I can call for help but I'm so used to not having that ... but I didn't for 20yrs. Actually 25.

I've exceeded what I set out for myself and I didn't even graduate college or university.

You can do this. We all are afraid - quite normal.
    It is harder when you also have a small child.

Well ... it's not a battle of who has it worse here. I was trying to encourage you. lol
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Well ... it's not a battle of who has it worse here. I was trying to encourage you. lol
    Oh I know I was just saying lol I'm trying guess that's all I can continue to do

Anniversaries and birthdays can be tough, reminding us of dreams lost, of what might have been. And you're right, having a supportive and helpful family is a big advantage for those of us who are SCI'd/disabled, and it's something I think those of us who have had that sometimes forget and take for granted when we look at or talk about our own successes. Hopefully you've got or can find super supportive friends where your family is lacking.

No platitudes, but you're still young, so you've still got time to find a way to make things better. Hang in there.

And thank you

Anniversary time is always tough, but it does pass and gets less regretful (yeah I know about that bs...but it does). Hang in there, things have a way of crossing your path that can open new directions for the better. Here's a hug towards your way

Quote Originally Posted by Buck503 View Post
    Whatever you do, it's extremely important that you're sure you're earning useful education. Lots of people are graduating from school, only to find that there are very few jobs in their field.
    Buck has some sage advice here. Youre still early in the college game, I'd shoot for the prerequesites and then decide on a major from there. Kinda thinking of one of my tenants with that Master's in Art...working at the dermatologist's office part time

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Anniversary time is always tough, but it does pass and gets less regretful (yeah I know about that bs...but it does). Hang in there, things have a way of crossing your path that can open new directions for the better. Here's a hug towards your way

Buck has some sage advice here. Youre still early in the college game, I'd shoot for the prerequesites and then decide on a major from there. Kinda thinking of one of my tenants with that Master's in Art...working at the dermatologist's office part time
    Except I'm not early in the college game. I'm already almost out of financial aid. I'm too far in ....too late to change majors now.

I like what I'm majoring in (fashion retail marketing & management). I've always wanted to be a fashion buyer. But there are only so many schools that offer fashion programs and the ones that do are really expensive.

I also at one point really wanted to be an Anesthesiologist, but some careers are just not practical from a wheelchair. I made sure whatever I chose could be done from a chair.

fashion is important.