Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: life got more strange today

its an effort to breath, but maybe because it hurts so bad. the headache is a little better. I don't understand how I feel so hurt inside my neck. or why my muscles are so rigid feeling. I felt like this once when I was electrocuted. I didn't hit my head. it feels like a rib shoved up under my shoulder into my neck. im going to go tomorrow. Im having trouble cathing myself with my hand like this. I can almost do it one handed, but cant get up of the pot, or get my pants up. I need a foley at least until I can move better.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    you know, Im agreeing something was off with the situation. I just talked to walmart, and the can see me come in, but there is a huge claw toy machine blocking the only rolly cart that was there. they see me disappear, him bend over apparently helping me up, and then I reappear and we are seen with me on the cart and him chatting to me.
    Yay. I am surprised that they looked for you. That is great. I hope it will, if nothing else, keep security on thier toes. Now they have an idea of what the guy looks like and can maybe notice him in the future. It is good that you spoke with the police and have it on record there too, imo.

I hope that your doctor's appointment goes well.

If I can get one. she only see's me every six or eight weeks, but this is unusual circumstance. I guess it depends on where you live. how rude or helpful people might be.

the people in south Carolina are sweet, and polite, friendly, local folks. working at walmart doesn't change their way. I think it started with the idea that impeccable manners reflects coming from a good family, with an education, self respect and dignity. walmart didn't teach them to be this way, their families did. they are mostly very polite people and to be otherwise goes against their upbringing. If people can help you here in the Carolina's they will, If they can't they apologize and try to point you to someone who can help you. it may be a reason I was gullible, or not expecting to need to protect myself. it isn't like that anywhere else iv lived. not every single person is like that, but it seems the local churchgoing crowd is all about southern pride and acting like a person with .....well think of Andy Griffith. He wasn't just an actor, and mayberry really exists, though not by that name.

iv have been warned by old people never to go down a road I didn't know, and if I got lost and the pavement disappeared, turn around and go back before you vanish forever, so apparently not every bunch of locals is nice, helpful, and polite.

If I can get one. she only see's me every six or eight weeks, but this is unusual circumstance. I guess it depends on where you live. how rude or helpful people might be.

the people in south Carolina are sweet, and polite, friendly, local folks. working at walmart doesn't change their way. I think it started with the idea that impeccable manners reflects coming from a good family, with an education, self respect and dignity. walmart didn't teach them to be this way, their families did. they are mostly very polite people and to be otherwise goes against their upbringing. If people can help you here in the Carolina's they will, If they can't they apologize and try to point you to someone who can help you. it may be a reason I was gullible, or not expecting to need to protect myself. it isn't like that anywhere else iv lived. not every single person is like that, but it seems the local churchgoing crowd is all about southern pride and acting like a person with .....well think of Andy Griffith. He wasn't just an actor, and mayberry really exists, though not by that name.

iv have been warned by old people never to go down a road I didn't know, and if I got lost and the pavement disappeared, turn around and go back before you vanish forever, so apparently not every bunch of locals is nice, helpful, and polite.

I hope that unusual circumstance gets you in to see her quickly. If not, maybe the ER can refer you to someone else.

I know what you mean about small towns. I grew up in a town like that. It is a good thing to help people and expect nothing in return. It was nice knowing that every home in the neighborhood had a door that was always open for you to protect you from harms way, if it was necessary. I think that I grew up in a town like Mayberry. We didn’t have a jail in town, but we did have a sheriff. When you walked down the street, you could recognize just about every face you saw along the way. People would smile at each other and ask how your day was going.

Even in a town like this, there were bad things that would happen every now and then. So yeah, I think that no matter where you live, you need to be careful. There is no way to predict the actions of people like that man who grabbed you. There will always be bad guys wherever you go. I don’t think you were gullible at all. I have been accused of being gullible too. I don’t know if that makes you feel better or worse. LoL Anyway, my point is that you are not the one with the character flaw, simply because he decided to pick you as his victim. Any of that bad stuff belongs to him. Try not to beat yourself up over this. Stay true to yourself. From what I can tell, that is what everyone likes abut you.

Have you contacted an attorney yet? I would not talk to Walmart or the cops anymore. You can bet Walmart has it on video. There stores have hidden cameras all over them. They are already all over this looking to defend themselves. Their not going to tell you anything. I would bet they have already started to investigate you.

From what you wrote, it sounds like you are probably not interested in litigation. I am not sure who would be liable here: Walmart, the guy that grabbed you or both. I don't know much about torts.

Anyway, Walmart has very deep pockets. My aunt slipped on a patch of ice in front of one of their stores here in Maine, and she sued and received a $500,000 payout. She wasn't even badly injured. I personally find that ridiculously litigious. We will all pay higher prices for things because of frivolous lawsuits. However, you were actually badly injured and incurred medical bills, so I think there could be a possible case here if you want to pursue one. It never hurts to consult a personal injury attorney. They incur all of the expenses until you win the case. of course then they typically receive 40% of your settlement...
    In our world constituted of differences of all kinds, it is not the disabled, but society at large that needs special education...to become a genuine society for all. -Frederic Major, Former UNESCO Director General

I feel like iv been shocked.

there is a problem with my neck I can tell by my one hand. I think though I'll go to my Gp and have her examine me. she knows me and can see like an ER Dr might not. If she is concerned she will make my referral urgent, and maybe I can go directly to the big city hospital. It is really painful to hold up my head. I cannot stand, or barley lift my good leg to take a step. it's almost like the bad leg, and my bad hand is on fire.

most of all it is hard to breathe. and when I do stand up, my muscles are rigid. what the hell would that be? there is no clonus since my fall, but fifteen minutes before it was so strong the Gp had to take more time to find my pulse. Im going to have to rely on her to see that something has changed.
    For the above highlighted reasons, call your GP and head for the e.r. TODAY. You may be in more trouble than you know.

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiMaya View Post
    From what you wrote, it sounds like you are probably not interested in litigation. I am not sure who would be liable here: Walmart, the guy that grabbed you or both. I don't know much about torts.

Anyway, Walmart has very deep pockets. My aunt slipped on a patch of ice in front of one of their stores here in Maine, and she sued and received a $500,000 payout. She wasn't even badly injured. I personally find that ridiculously litigious. We will all pay higher prices for things because of frivolous lawsuits. However, you were actually badly injured and incurred medical bills, so I think there could be a possible case here if you want to pursue one. It never hurts to consult a personal injury attorney. They incur all of the expenses until you win the case. of course then they typically receive 40% of your settlement...
    Your not just another pretty face. Your catching on.

that is assault. my roomate got charged with assault for squirting people with water.

You should go to the media with your story Jody. Public shaming often causes change, unfortunately.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12