Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: life got more strange today

Wow, what a terrible ordeal! That man sounds odd to me too. I don’t know for sure what his intentions were toward you, but he had no right to put his hands on you. If he wanted to help you, he should have asked you if you needed it first, imo. So yeah, I think he should be responsible too.

Good luck with getting Wal-Mart to help you much. I will be very surprised if they tell you that they captured what happened to you on film. Without police involvement, I doubt that they will even actually try to look. I hope for your sake that I am wrong though.

I am glad to hear that you don’t have breast cancer, but sorry you are in so much pain. I hope all goes well with the neurologist.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    The good news is, I don't have breast cancer.
    It is probably calcified scarring on my ribs from when I broke them in my accident.
    .... its been one of those weeks no woman wants to have.

that's big news, but the bigger news is, I have a neurosurgeon to look into my situation.

If only id gone strait home and
    (not) gone to walmart for some watercolor paper after visiting the Dr today.

There I was, "walkin" shuffling, dragging over to the only rollycart, and this big ole cowboy looking man grabbed my arm and said can I help you?!
    I spun toward the pull and hit the tiles hard. holy cow what the hell?

well I pulled myself onto the rollycart, and sat there for a few minutes trying to recover, and the guy starts chatting me up, asking for my phone number.

um.... Im not dating or interested in any relationships. ....are you sure, I give all my girlfriends their own credit cards? The mans girlfriend skips in, and he gets a terrified look and pretends he wasn't just asking my for my phone number and offering me a sugar daddy. when I say girlfriend I mean Girlish enough to be a least a decade younger than me. off they go. what the heck just happened here?

It turns out the rolly cart was dead, so I went to get off it, and was aware I could not lift my bettear leg very well. I shuffledragged to a shopping cart, and got my paper, and by the time I got to the checkout, I was becoming aware of extreme pain.

I become aware, of the fact, that I aint "walking" any further. down I go slowly. causing a scene at the walmart. not as bad as the time the lady knocked me backwards in my wheelchair and rattled my head, but pretty much a effing scene. called roomie out of work and went to the ER.

I called walmart later, and asked if they could look at their camera's. It happened so fast, Im not really sure what happened, so could they look? They were very nice about my request, and are looking to see if there is any video. there is a camera there. right over us.

My walking is not good, and my balance is worse. He grabbed my stronger side, and the weaker side followed and spun me onto the floor. I had only one brace on, so maybe the other ankle buckled.

after I fell, I was in so much pain I forgot the stuff I just payed for. The pain in my heels, and the bottom of my feet got incredible, while a blinding pain shot down my butt and out my belly.

a police officer standing at the end of the checkout asked me if I was ok. I told him I didn't think I was, told him what had happened, and asked if my vehicle could stay in the parking lot. ... a lot of people stopped and asked if I was ok while I was waiting for my roomie to come take me to the ER. The policeman wanted to call an ambulance over. they were there for a fender bender, and going my way empty, but I didn't want to do that if I could get a ride. what if someone really needs an ambulance, and I was keeping it busy? no ambulance! so anyway, I didn't file any kind of report, but Im probably part of the officers report anyway. and the ambulance guys.

what if that old guy was moving in on me for less than helpful reasons? do you think he should be liable? I don't have to pay for an ambulance ride, but my ER visit bill will be painful, im sure. If I had fainted, Id totally be paying for an ambulance ride, Im so glad it passed without me passing out.

Do you think if It appears the man was zeroing in on me to hit on me, rather than just being clumsy helpful, that he should be made aware of an err on his part? , or should I just let it go and be glad Im finally heading to a neurosurgeon?

......how was your day? any silly things happen to you today? Gaw!
    They had a guy at the grocery store near me doing the same thing. He gets the ladies attention so he can pick pocket them.

you know, Im agreeing something was off with the situation. I just talked to walmart, and the can see me come in, but there is a huge claw toy machine blocking the only rolly cart that was there. they see me disappear, him bend over apparently helping me up, and then I reappear and we are seen with me on the cart and him chatting to me.

then he runs away. hastily.

Since I did speak to the police, I am going to be contacting them again. I think he targeted me. I don't know why he would grab my arm like that. why he would start hitting on me, and it was strange that he ran away. He was already standing there when I came in. there have been no reports like this other than mine at that store anyway as long as this manager has been there.

I think Im too trusting, and gullible, and wouldn't pick out and old man with two canes as a predator, But something is fishy I think.

I get looks from people, Im startling to see I think, at least when I try to walk. I catch people trying not to stare, so I ignore the public around me, and concentrate on walking. each movement to each step is a deliberate effort. I must consciously lift good leg at the hip, lean to the good side, lift and drag the heavy side of me, plant that foot, and bring the good foot forward and start again, so I wasn't aware of being watched, but I think I was targeted at walmart because of my vulnerable appearance.

Im sure I have a spinal tap type headache. there is no mistaking that feeling, but the swelling in the lower spine is not as bad as last night. Is it possible to leak spinal fluid out a lumbar injury?
    Last edited by jody; 06-22-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: missing letter E

Aww Jody I'm so sorry this happened to you {{{{{hug}}}} I hope there is nothing more going on with you than meets the eye -what a douche that guy was (and I never say douche)

Be well
    Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

thanx obie. Im sure im getting surgery out of it, but I could do without feeling the way I feel now.

all I wanted was some watercolor paper.

Contacting the police sounds like a really good idea to me. It does sound like you might have been targeted.

I don't know the answer to your question about spinal fluid leakage following a lumbar injury - but your neck pain and headache sound to me like whiplash/hyperextension-type issues, which can easily occur as the result of a fall.

When do you see the neurosurgeon about your laminectomy? I'm glad you'll be able to discuss your symptoms and followup with someone other than the ER doc.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    you know, Im agreeing something was off with the situation. I just talked to walmart, and the can see me come in, but there is a huge claw toy machine blocking the only rolly cart that was there. they see me disappear, him bend over apparently helping me up, and then I reappear and we are seen with me on the cart and him chatting to me.

then he runs away. hastily.

Since I did speak to the police, I am going to be contacting them again. I think he targeted me. I don't know why he would grab my arm like that. why he would start hitting on me, and it was strange that he ran away. He was already standing there when I came in. there have been no reports like this other than mine at that store anyway as long as this manager has been there.

I think Im too trusting, and gullible, and wouldn't pick out and old man with two canes as a predator, But something is fishy I think.

I get looks from people, Im startling to see I think, at least when I try to walk. I catch people trying not to stare, so I ignore the public around me, and concentrate on walking. each movement to each step is a deliberate effort. I must consciously lift good leg at the hip, lean to the good side, lift and drag the heavy side of me, plant that foot, and bring the good foot forward and start again, so I wasn't aware of being watched, but I think I was targeted at walmart because of my vulnerable appearance.

Im sure I have a spinal tap type headache. there is no mistaking that feeling, but the swelling in the lower spine is not as bad as last night. Is it possible to leak spinal fluid out a lumbar injury?
    Jody, I don't know what your angle is on this. Do you plan to sue walmart? Because you already have done all you can do by notifying the store and cops on there my be a predator working the store. I don't know what else can they do to satisfy you.

I bet this guy puts floater proposals out like this all the time. He only needs to get an occasional hit to get some side action. I really think he assaulted you.

I feel like iv been shocked.

there is a problem with my neck I can tell by my one hand. I think though I'll go to my Gp and have her examine me. she knows me and can see like an ER Dr might not. If she is concerned she will make my referral urgent, and maybe I can go directly to the big city hospital. It is really painful to hold up my head. I cannot stand, or barley lift my good leg to take a step. it's almost like the bad leg, and my bad hand is on fire.

most of all it is hard to breathe. and when I do stand up, my muscles are rigid. what the hell would that be? there is no clonus since my fall, but fifteen minutes before it was so strong the Gp had to take more time to find my pulse. Im going to have to rely on her to see that something has changed.

jody, you need to go back to the E.R.. this does not sound good
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/