Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where Is Your Favorite Place To Go?

Thumbs up Where Is Your Favorite Place To Go?

I don't get out much anymore so when I do I want to enjoy it. I really enjoy going to Petsmart and I'll tell you why. Some of my favorite childhood memories are going to the many old "Mom & Pop" pet shops, they were places of wonder to me. They're all gone now but Petsmart still gives me the same feeling, it's an adventure. The one I go to is just a short drive away and parking is easy. First thing I enjoy is rolling on their smooth floor and in the wide aisles as l'm off to see the animals. There are always new displays and cool equipment to look at. The people who work there are friendly and know a lot about caring for your pet. Four years ago I bought some small feeder goldfish, now they're 8-10 inches long. Eleven years ago I found my dear cat "Scoot" there and in the summer it's cool inside. Yep, it's a fun place to go.
    Just another tricky day. C5/6 incomplete, 43 years out.

You'll get through.

I love going to Lowes or Home Depot. Nordstrom? Forget-about-it!! I could spend hours walking around Lowes. For me, it's the happiest place on earth!!

Every year in late spring / early summer I head out to Montana near Glacier National Park. The biggest reason I go is because for a few glorious weeks you can bike (handcycle for me) on portions of Going to the Sun road with no vehicles, just other hikers and cyclists. Since I can't get out and hike any meaningful distances and they don't make smooth paved trails into the mountains it's the closest I can get to getting into the back country and escaping from the crowded parking lots and whatnot that usually accompany the few wheelchair accessible trails that exist.

Here's a short snippet of the ride down (will eventually get the whole ride down uploaded when I'm back in FL, but slow internet here in MT for now)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbxxRNpM0_E

Wow hand cycling up the going to the sun road would be pretty sweet. I used to live in Libby Montana and was born in Michigan like it says on your sweater.
    But on a more down to earth note, I just like to go to the local grocery store, of course in small town America every knows your name and says hi.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Not been out to 1 single place since accident other than grocery store and doctor office. My family things I am bullshitting when I say I finally lost my mind. My driver license was suspended due to previous seizures. Getting license back is a fiasco but finally ready to do that. No,my damn family thinks they control me since they had to transport me to these places. I have told them sick of that and want get out of their hair and do this all myself. Di not give a shit if it takes me 100X longer than AB. At least I would finally get the hell out.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    Not been out to 1 single place since accident other than grocery store and doctor office. My family things I am bullshitting when I say I finally lost my mind. My driver license was suspended due to previous seizures. Getting license back is a fiasco but finally ready to do that. No,my damn family thinks they control me since they had to transport me to these places. I have told them sick of that and want get out of their hair and do this all myself. Di not give a shit if it takes me 100X longer than AB. At least I would finally get the hell out.
    If your county has demand responsive accessible transportation you could get certified for use then shedule outings for yourself. Where I live this transport system is unreliable. In this case maybe contact your nearest Independent Living Center to see if they have any programs or suggestions for you to get out of the house. The SmartDrive I believe has 8 mile range and might be an option if there are sidewalks in your neighborhood and places of interest within your round trip reach. You could also consider purchase of a used, reconditioned power chair with maybe more all terrain capacity than a SmaertDrive or ZX-1. With your current situation you must have a bad case of cabin fever.

Blog Entries
    I like the local zoo.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

outside
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

The local bookstore/coffeeshop.

What's a book store...?
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!