Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wheelchair Motorbike

Sweet setup, y'all did a good job of making it look OEM. Could you add a speed actuator somehow to make it automatic for deploying the landing gear at a low speed? Take one variable out of all the hand controlling going on.

Always like to see someone get back out there. Once a biker...
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Hi Dewie, I've pm'ed you my esnail addy, thanks mate.

I've been looking into quickshifters so you don't need to use the clutch so much. I've played around on the track with clutchless shifts just backing off the throttle to unload the gearbox, kinda works but I can't do it reliably at higher revs. Techtronic do a decent looking system, and the new kliktronic box has a wire to trigger the system so you don't need the sensor on the gear linkage. I guess anything to reduce how much work your hand have to do the better. I've also got a foam pad on the tank of the R1 so I don't need to hold all my upper body weight on my arms. Really helpful!
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

I know there there are a few of us here in chairs from bikes, but it's such a release when riding I can't live without it.. We thought about doing a speed sensitive switch but I decieded against it. There are lots of time when coming to a intersection where you can slow down and time the traffic just right are roll thru. The landing gear is a eerie feeling once it touches down. It jerks the bike then settles down. So I prefer doing it myself. I got a pingel electric shifter, clean looking and cluthless but I'm having problems with it shifting consistantly but Pingel has been good to me so far. I'll take some pics and get back to you in a few days SI. What level are you?
    Mark 9:23 - All things are possible for those who believe.

Cool thanks, looks like a similar gear shifter, not heard of pingel before tho.

I'm T11 complete. I have a friend who is getting pretty serious with racing in the minitwin series, I think he's T4, he can completely kick my ass on the race track! It contstantly amazes me some of the stuff higher paras and some low quads can achieve! I have a hard enough time clinging onto a thou, let alone a 1300cc!
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Dewie, very cool indeed mate! I've never gone back to two wheels but looking at getting my second spyder. Far cry from 2 wheels but it's good enough for trips that require a tent and a week or 3 on the road. Best of luck with the bike mate

I've built a reverse trike from a bandit 1200 and my rack for the wheelchair is quite bulky.

Any chance you could post a picture of your rack (fnar fnar) without the chair on it for some ideas?

please?
    Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never Ever drink and derive!.

Quote Originally Posted by fenty View Post
    I've built a reverse trike from a bandit 1200 and my rack for the wheelchair is quite bulky.

Any chance you could post a picture of your rack (fnar fnar) without the chair on it for some ideas?

please?
    Hello Fenty, I see you're from Norniron! So am I mate, heading home to Belshaft Aug 26th for about a week. Where you livin? Do you know Maurice Craig "Mo" big into the trikes?

Keep er lit

here is the rack. I bought a rear luggage rack for the busa and got some aluminum pipe and flat bar. The pipe you cut in half and weld hinges on it so it opens and closes and some tabs so once the chair in on there you can lock it closed so you don't see it bouncing down the road in the mirror. I have a Tilite ZRA and I used the main axle and other frame bar under the seat as mounting points. I lined the inside of the pipe with fabric so it clamps tight and doesn't scratch my chair.. It works great so far..
    Mark 9:23 - All things are possible for those who believe.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    Hello Fenty, I see you're from Norniron! So am I mate, heading home to Belshaft Aug 26th for about a week. Where you livin? Do you know Maurice Craig "Mo" big into the trikes?

Keep er lit
    I live near sixmilecross about 10 mile away from Omagh. I can't say I know Maurice Craig though.

Coming to Belfast from southern California? Do you miss the rain or something? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dewie27 View Post
    here is the rack. I bought a rear luggage rack for the busa and got some aluminum pipe and flat bar. The pipe you cut in half and weld hinges on it so it opens and closes and some tabs so once the chair in on there you can lock it closed so you don't see it bouncing down the road in the mirror. I have a Tilite ZRA and I used the main axle and other frame bar under the seat as mounting points. I lined the inside of the pipe with fabric so it clamps tight and doesn't scratch my chair.. It works great so far..
    That is so neat and simple. Good job fella.